¯⁠\⁠_⁠༼ Chapter 5: Surveying ༽⁠_⁠/⁠¯

Guys help. I'm cringing so bad on my other stories, aswell as the chapters on this story..

─────────

|| Rᔑ╎リʖ𝙹∴ q⚍ᒷᓭℸ ̣ ! sᔑʖ∷ᒷ ||

"It isn't good to stand still and stay either, we should go check out who that is. They must need our help!" I deducted, trying to convince the others to come with. I managed to my calm with everyone, being the 'good guy' I am and worried for the safety for whoever that might be.

"But then again... They don't exactly need us either. We aren't here to help anyone, we're out looking for an escape root. The chaos isn't gonna wait for us to leave, plus the guard from earlier told us to run so that's what we are supposed to do, yes?" Someone among the crowd reasoned, not looking forward to helping someone who might be in need.

"Don't be such a coward and actually stop to help someone for once, 'supposed chosen hero'. Do you actually believe what the guard says? They were the one who captured us! And foremost, since people are going out there, no one's staying back so we won't lose eachother." Another voiced out of the bunch, the other didn't respond for the meantime.

The situation was very confusing to comprehend for me and myself, as there were multiple versions of the same person with a variety of personalities. Perhaps I can gather everyone after we all safely escape the kingdom, maybe pick codenames for eachother so it won't be that confusing.

"And? I'd be glad to stay behind or left alone, aslong as I'm not going out to help strangers that might and would ruin our only chances to escape!" They snapped back, making the argument more intense before a more mature person broke up the fight and stood between the two fighting.

I could hear someone panicking in the sidelines, with another trying to calm them down. Aware that I'm not the only one so confused on what's going on, I was the first to act, walking over to where we heard the screaming. A thought lingered in my head though, what if they were already dead? After all, we took so long to move.

It was a scary thought that someone atleast a few feet from me having passed away, begging to be helped but was never answered. Although my thoughts weren't the case, as I faced an unconscious steve, clearly injured and beaten up by another.

Speaking of another, there was a steve suited with armor and carried a sword, who I assume the one who knocked out the steve laying infront of them. With a swift action, the sword was brought down to the unconscious steves throat. "So... Pathetic..." They paused before continuing, "You red steves never learn."

"We should go help him!" One of the rainbow steves was about to go over and help the injured steve, but someone stopped them from heading over. "What are you thinking?! Think rationally before you take action, idiot! You could have died out there and-" "We wouldn't really care." Someone else added.

I sigh in dismay, seeing everyone's skills on teamwork with eachother. Although not everyone had trouble with it, a handful were good at it but not perfect ofcourse. They still had to learn, and so do I, since I never interacted with people ever since we've gotten here. Nor did we never got to formally introduce ourselves, since we had gotten cut off, not even half way.

"They got a point, most of us here except the softies wouldn't care if death surges. We care about who we feel to care, not care about a bunch of strangers we just met at a fucking prison." I was caught off-guard when I heard a voice speak up next to me without proper warning, being a little jumpy of it.

"This reminds me of that one movie I watched about crime and drama.. and yet again, I don't remember what it is called so I can't recommend it to the viewers." A sabre commented out of nowhere, which made the steves who had no idea of such be confused. I could tell the other version of me was also like me in a sense? As in, a player sense.

"And what's a movie?" Someone asked, the sabre was guarded and quickly responded with, "Nothing important.." There was a short, awkward pause before another responded. "You brought it up yet you're not telling us anything? Like, not at all?!"

"Hey uhmm... Is someone missing or-" "No." A steve cuts them off, not even letting them finish their sentence. Now that got me wondering, something doesn't feel right.. and someone was indeed missing, because they were fighting the armored steve.

That someone, a Light steve to be exact, not sure which one but still a light entity, spared no mercy to the guard weaker than them. The light steve took advantage of this, swiftly stealing the guard's sword and used it against them as they dual wielded swords. "This is how it feels to have an unfair fight."

The Light steve brought down the sword to the guard's neck, almost a replica of how the guard had done it and it seemed intentional. The steve was about to kill the guard, but someone had unfortunately decided to interfere before anything else could be done.

The injured steve remain unconscious for the entirety of everything, I wasn't surprised but the most of the others are for some reason. Surely they don't know that the term 'coma' exists, not only used when people pass out for more than a week but people are inanity and think about it like that.

What is more annoying is that they tried to wake up the unconscious steve but they were clearly unresponsive, they have been for an hour or two by now as that's how long we've spent being idiots.

I suddenly heard an explosion in the far distance, I could tell that everyone heard it to and I was finally not being delusional for once. It caught everyone's attention as it mought, looking at the direction of the explosion as if we could see in such a far distance.