¯⁠\⁠_⁠༼ Chapter 6: Lessons Learned ༽⁠_⁠/⁠¯

The story is indeed gonna change a tad bit so you can assume that some of the chapters are useless like 60% of the information told at Chapter 3 and more early chapters, but this is because I'm now more experienced and currently reworking this story, with breaks ofcourse.

I'm impressed on my past self for noting down important things that are planned to happen in the story, and I hope to continue what my past self written as a hobby. Also, you might have to check the other chapters as I've changed some key details.

─────────

|| Third Person ||

Panic struck the crowd of dimension hoppers and steves alike when there happened to be an explosion in the distance. Nothing was to blame of their reaction, as the explosion was immensely loud and as mentioned, sounded miles away yet somehow heard.

People evacuated, but the group of idiotic yet selfless heroes remained for whatever reason there was. The self titled heroes attempted to help the unconscious steve, well, wake up if they could. The steve was severely injured, and not one of them decided to use their abilities to heal them. Maybe because they couldnt.

The Light steve kept their guard high and eyes on the target, a puny human couldn't stop them in their way to get back on the Guard. No.. never will they let a human control what they wanted, so they swung the sword at the human and expected them to move away.

The human infront of the attacking steve didn't move an inch, actually. Having swung the sword with the purpose to scare the player away, it had instead made a long fresh scar on the chest. Be stupid and win stupid prizes, the human got exactly that.

"Wh..." The player was confused, not because of why the Light steve had attacked him but instead because why were they actually bleeding? This wasn't normal, no not at all. They weren't suppose to feel the pain as if it is real, they're a player after all and this is all happening in a block game... Right?

"You could have moved backwards. Atleast a foot from your spot, yet you didnt. Fools, you can't keep trying to save strangers and give them second chances so randomly, especially one who is suspicious on having killed someone!" The same Chaos steve from much earlier ridiculed, finding the player learning the consequences quite satisfying.

The player had nothing to say to defend their selfless actions, too shocked to think about anything to use on talking back. Nothing came to mind, only regret. While the player was shocked, the Light steve have long killed the guard opposing them and the player's sacrifice was meaningless, as it should be.

"In this world, not everyone can be saved. Yet I thought you already had that in mind, turns out you're just a weakling with such a 'kind' soul, huh?" The Chaos steve continued in his assault of the player. "You're not a hero. You're simply an outcast, you do not belong here or anywhere else." The Chaos' words hit the player hard, as they painstakingly had to listen to every word the steve said.

The Chaos steve paused, looking at the damage he's caused within the player before scoffing loudly. "Nightmare is right all along, even though I didn't believe him back then." The player and Chaos seemed to know eachother for sometime, even before they were teleported on where they are at the moment. There's a possibility they came from the same universe, that explains why they recognize eachother.

"Stop rambling, ah? People don't need to here what crap is coming out of that disgusting mouth of yours." The same Ultra steve who talked back at Chaos earlier had finally spoken up to stop the chaos about to unfold any second if this continues without anyone interrupting, well luckily he was there to help while everyone else is being useless.

The air was dense due to the pressure of the situation falling heavy weight, applying to everyone in the vicinity. A battle can break out at any second, even a single word can start it. With this realization, everyone had to be cautious with how they word things or else others would misinterpret it. Unless you're what the world calls a villain, that is.

Chaos steve, one of the villains who is being kept a close eye on by the world announced heroes, wouldn't give a damn if he starts fights with anyone here, especially with Ultra steve. It's been awhile since he's done any significant damage, he missed seeing the faces of anguish as he destroyed their pitiful, little towns.

Although he knew he couldn't destroy anything, for now atleast, until he's gotten to know the other people along with him. Since Reverse steve is the one mainly in control, he planned to eliminate everyone once he's gotten his powers back if he could but even so, he was going to be the most annoying piece of crap ever to come with the heroes.

Enough with the rambling about the embedded characteristics of Chaos steve and back onto the serious problem on hand, what was that noise? People are still wondering where that explosion came from without answers, only filled with guesses. Others simply didn't give a care in the issue or have simply forgotten about it all together.

"Disappointing. Thought this world was gonna contain some.. monster or shit, but all it contains is some stupid 'chromatic' war." The Chaos steve rudely gestured the quotation marks around chromatic, messing around with other's feeling as if he was fully aware of how they'd react. Chaotic, just like he wanted.

"We are literally in the middle of a huge war, no idea where we are at except that we are apparently what looks to be a Red Kingdom, darkness possibly exists here from how much Intel that Red guard gave us and so much more! Is there anything else I can say except the fact that we are in danger?" One of the Sabres, the late Rainbow Quest Sabre to be specific, rambled and basically made an entire summary of everything.

"Mhm, as if you aren't controlled by darkness itself and is able to ruin the freedom of this world from darkness? When are you ever gonna learn your lesson?" Light Steve, leader of the colorless guards and also from the late Rainbow Quest, pointed out and glared at the other. Both obviously didn't have a good relationship, but they indeed are friends.. or atleast Sabre reminisces the past of being Light's very close friend.

The Sabre didn't bother talking back, he couldn't bring himself to harm his long term friend and he didn't want to be seen more as the antagonist of the story rather than the hero. Hurting Light steve would further raise suspicions and rumors that he's part of the darkness, to which he didn't like. "So.. Are we really gonna be staring at eachother like this...?" A steve said out of the blue, interrupting the intense staring contest.

It was clear that it was going to be hard to get everyone working together of even agree to do something, since everyone has different opinions which often conflicted with another. This... This wasn't working at all, and they haven't even found a way to get out of this place. Another explosion was heard in the distance, and it only got worse from there when someone then pointed at a wild fire.