¯⁠\⁠_༼ Chapter 4: Blood Red Revenge ༽_⁠/⁠¯

If only I wasn't distracted by the deafening alarms that was heard everywhere, then I would have noticed footsteps and noticed a familiar king right behind me. But I didnt, only noticing them once they revealed themselves. "We meet again." The king greeted in an unfriendly environment, his green and yellow cape fell from his back, which made me remember what I regret doing long ago.

"...Wait.. That cape.. Aren't you..." I could barely form any words in my shock, I thought my dark secret was buried along his body and only I had known of it. Turns out, the only other person who knew about it was alive and I couldn't believe it. "I thought it would do the job.. there is no way you would've survived from it all those years ago."

"I didnt, now I came back stronger to kill you and those excuse of a friend you have. You're still friends with them, aren't you?" The king growled, holding his sword and prepared for conflict with me. "The least you could have done is break all ties with them, but you are just on a leash."

I took out my own weapon, a spear that I crafted myself to fit my needs. Positioning myself into a fighting position, I ready myself for what would inevitably happen sooner or later. I was furious that he practically called me a dog following their owners on a leash, I didn't plan on sparing them for that.

"Upset, are you? Is it because I returned? Or is it because I told people the truth of who you are." The Yellow steve who I once counted as a friend, was forever gone after all the horrible things I did in the past. It was back to haunt me once again, like how Yellow steve was taunting me as if they were more powerful than me. Let's see if that's the truth...

I took the first move, slashing my sword in the air to intentionally make him move into a vulnerable position before attempting to take advantage of it. The king dodged though, both of us clashing our swords while the red emergency lights flickered on and off, as if dancing.

"You really can't bring yourself to say anything, are you really just that weak? You aren't powerful now, like you once were back then." "Stop... Just stop talking!!" I cut them off before they could expose anything else about me infront of the prisoners, who I still somehow cared for their opinions on me. I launched the king back but they recovered and started charging at me, his need for revenge was greater than mine but sometimes, wrath can blind you.

I knew one way or another, the king would be defeated. It was long told by one of the prophecies and so far, it had not lied to us. Surprisingly, the king was quite the strong opponent and constantly changed methods so I wouldn't catch up but I had a feeling that he'd soon run out of it. "Uh.. Is this the time we are suppose to escape or..?" A steve from one of the cells asked, the others just shrugged.

The king launched a fireball towards me without any further warning as I thought they would only use physical methods based on my observation, guess they learned after what I told them long ago that I'm surprised they still remember. That didn't stop the fireball from hitting anything though, as it instead hit the ceiling above us and would have caused further injury to me or the prisoners. I had to stop them soon.

I tried to dodge the falling bricks above me but my foot was stuck in the rubble, which was a huge problem. I knew that I would either die in the hands of a traitor from long ago or luck would hit me, the latter option is what I was hoping for. As the sun was now shining down the dungeon, I could clearly see everything with the alarms no longer being annoying.

Within a blink, the king stood infront of me as he quickly noticed I was stuck in one place. "I finally got you, I've been hunting you down years." He walked closer to me, laughing in what people perceive, in an evil way. "You took everything away from me, now you shall pay." He muttered in an psychopathic way, stopping when he was inches away from me.

"Is this the justice you sought after?" I mocked, only making the king more upset at me after thinking of doing such in my current position in this situation. They glared at me, but also wondering how I have the guts to say something like that based on what is going on at this moment. "All of your friends are next, I warned you after all these years. Are you really risking your life to make such bad decisions? This will be my last warning." I'll make sure it was gonna be his last warning.

"I will make sure you are coming down with me aswell." I reply in a whisper, my hand rudely pointed at the king. I triggered my power, an explosion mysteriously happened between me and king as I heard them shout in pain behind the smoke. It covered my entire view, so it was hard to locate the sound. "The tables have turned, you were doomed to fall. Long live the king, certain to death from wrath."

"Heh... Everyone would have loved a king like you, brave.. hardworking.. yet you were blinded with revenge." Smiling, I continued to taunt the king like they mocked me earlier. "Now here you are, infront of the person you once seek revenge to and about to kill you." The king in the other hand, backed in the corner like the coward he is. The smoke covered both me and the Yellow leader infront of me, so no one could see or hear what was going on.

I lodged the spear onto his chest, his screaming didn't last long and gone radio silent afterwards, as expected. Retrieving my spear after putting a swift end to him, It was a struggle but it eventually budged and I had gotten my spear back. The smoke disappeared right at that instant, everyone got to see the aftermath.

My spear was bloody, especially at the sharp areas. A huge hole at where the king once was, with their body nowhere to be seen. The prisoners looked at me weirdly, as If I had just committed the most horrendous act.

"None of you can stay here any longer. The flames shall decide the people's fate, you guys are not included within." I threw a keychain, the one who had all access of the cells, to one of the cells in my vicinity. "Flee now and get far away from the kingdom, it's gonna get heated down here." I inform, before running out of their view.

|| Third Person ||

M, the man in the cell with the keychains being thrown at his, had unlocked his cell and now trying to budge the rest. "That was strange, someone decided we were fit to get most information of this world and just.. leave us here after giving the keys?" M questioned, aware that nobody would answer either way.

Once M unlocked the last few cells, everyone had already rushed out of the underground as it was collapsed in of itself. The dumb ones had fled to save themselves while the rest were either forced to stay behind or just too slow to run away. Yeah, this teamwork thing clearly isn't gonna be working.

For the meantime, the remaining steves or atleast people, had to sneak around the kingdom. "Do we really have to sneak around the place? It's getting boring, there's no chaos going on!" A Chaos steve complained, he was being closely watched due to being one of the only 'villains' that remain.

"There's a damn war out there, none of us can use powers to escape. If we could, most of us would have teleported out of here right now but it seems like this world is suppressing it.. or maybe someone is." Replied Ultra steve, being done with Chaos steve's rambling.

"How about you keep quiet and go back to your little human that you are sooo obedient to, I wasn't even talking to you!" Chaos steve remained undeterred and stubborn, making Ultra steve more annoyed at their stubbornness. Ultra steve then snapped back with, "I know, but nor did you mention anyone's names either so I have my reasons!"

"I'm not required to say nobody's names! So just shut it, you filthy f–" Chaos steve was cut off by a booming voice with desperation laced in it, "P- Please! Don't kill me... I..- My family! My family, please, please!" Then complete silence, everyone was still for about a minute before someone broke it.

"What the fuck was that?" Chaos steve cut his argument short with Ultra steve, having heard the screams of another steve in the distance. It must be one of the town folks here, are the Red Steves being attacked by a sinister entity or something? A rainbow steve responded in barely audible voice, "Don't know..  but whatever that must be? Doesn't sound good."