2- Worries and Struggles

Sunny feels himself choking up after reading the first letter. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunny-

I havnt seen you in a month now. Im reelly woried about you, so could you com outside?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kel squints at the words. He feels like he spelled a bunch of words wrong there, but he just shrugs. He looks over at Hero's side of the room. Hero is still laying there, doing nothing. Kel slumps over in his chair. He wonders what Sunny is doing now. Probably exactly what Hero's doing. He frowns. Hero wouldn't talk to him, so why would he think Sunny would? A tear rolls down Kel's cheek as he closes the journal, and puts it in his desk.

Kel almost decided to lay under the covers of his bed and cry, but he stopped himself. He leaves the room and goes outside. The sun on his face warms his skin, and in turn, warms his heart. He wipes the tears off his face, and walks over to Sunny's house. The November air is still a bit warm, especially with the sun shining. Kel stands on the grass in front of Sunny's house, letting his bare feet feel the grass. He takes a deep breath and knocks on the door.

Sunny's mom opens it.

"Why hello again, Kel." She says with a polite smile.

"Is Sunny out yet?"

"He's still in his room. You can come in if you like."

"No thanks. I... I think I'll wait."

"Alright." Sunny's mother closes the door.

Kel goes back to sit on the grass.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunny feels his heart swell up with joy. Kel... was worried. And that meant... Kel really cared about Sunny. 

"Sunny!" Sunny's mom calls. Sunny makes his way to her, still holding the journal Kel sent to him. 

"Yes Mom?" Sunny asks, his face neutral, not a trace of the joy he was feeling inside.

"Kel wants to come to visit again." She smiles. "What's this?"

Sunny looks down at the book. "Oh. Kel sent me this." He hands the book to his mother. She reads the first page. 

"I remember that day." She says after reading the first page.

"You do?"

"Yes. He came and knocked, he was crying a bit. I asked him why he was crying on his birthday, and he told me the whole story. So I gave him the basketball you chose for his birthday."

"You... You did? Did he like it?"

"He loved it." She pats Sunny on the back.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

400 words. Some angst, some fluff.