Chapter 2

The professor's voice sounded very distant to Candice as she stared into her notes blankly, nearly falling asleep. She wasn't really tired, just bored out of her mind. Admittedly, her classes had never been known for being exceptionally thrilling, but ever since she had begun spending time with Lucas, and with that made her life a little more exciting than before, it was like the length of lectures had been doubled. Before that, she was used to dull, monotone, never changing days, but even the tiny bit of variety having the man around caused her to be a lot less tolerant of boredom. She had never even realized how uneventful her life had been up to that point, likely due to all the stress she was used to being under. Her ex, studying, keeping up appearances, living up to her parents' expectations, and while most of those were still a part of her life, she felt like they tired her out a lot less easily. She couldn't help but wonder if it had to do with Lucas' presence in her life... Or well, the good sex he was providing her with.

"Hey." the familiar form of a male leaned above her desk, hands planted onto the wood. Only after this did she even realized the lecture had ended. She had been way more spaced out than she ever realized. "How about you close that nice little notebook of yours, and we both go somewhere a little more... Private?" he spoke with a low voice, a seductive smirk playing on his lips.

"We have 2 more lectures today." she reminded him, her reason winning over her desire to ditch the pain of school in favor of more fun activities. She couldn't just start skipping because of a little fuckbuddy. Her future was on the line, and she had to keep her eyes on that goal.

"I know. The things is, I don't really give a damn about that. I'm here to marry rich, not to study. I think it would be way more interesting to study each other." he tried to convince her, not willing to give up so easily. To be quite fair, he had every right to believe a little persistence would get him what he wanted; his position above the girl allowed her a nice glance into his shirt, just enough that she could see his toned chest. That, coupled with the sultry look and voice was definitely wearing her resilience and right mind down with quite the mighty efficiency.

"Lucas, I'm well aware you could make money with your body if you so desired, but that's not really a profitable career path for me. Unlike you, I kind of want and need to graduate." she looked up at him defiantly, expecting an offended look from the other due to her blanketed insult. It wasn't there however, as if he himself had agreed with the statement.

"Missing 2 classes won't make you fail." he pressed on, stubborn as always.

"Still, it's not a good time for me. I have a date tonight." she told him the truth finally, earning an exasperated groan in response

"Again?" he questioned with disbelief, to which Candice just nodded. "That's like the 3rd in the past 2 weeks. They clearly aren't working out for you. When will you give up and dedicate yourself to me?" he asked teasingly

"Probably the day I lose my mind."

"And how can I make that day come?"

"You barely have the power to make me come, let alone actual doomsday."

"Oh so we're just straight up lying now."

"You're welcome to prove me wrong the next time we meet up."

"You go into dates with the mindset you'll eventually end up with me again anyways? That's either really flattering, or really sad, but most likely both."

"Then you can be sad right alongside me, cause I'm not going anywhere with you."

"Aww, come on." he whined half-jokingly. "Will you really force me to settle for some rando I don't even know the name of again?"