Scene 1

"Of course, I have the room next to hers. I'm her bodyguard." Anakin Skywalker spoke calmly into his comm link.

"I suppose that also explains why your room has a door into her room," returned Obi-Wan Kenobi, dubiously.

"Sure does."

Obi-Wan sighed. "Be mindful of your feelings, Anakin."

"Don't worry. I will. Gotta go now." The Jedi flicked off his comm and turned towards the bedroom he shared with his wife, Padme Amidala. He hoped that his conversation hadn't disturbed her.

As he entered the room, he saw his lovely wife sleeping peacefully. He smiled. Crossing the plush Alderaanian carpet, he sat down on the bed to watch her, drinking in her full lips, long lashes and sleep-tousled hair. His eyes roved the contours of her body, making his pulse quicken.

"Ahh, ahh, ahh, ahh!"

The sweet voices of the Royal Naboo Choir filled the apartment at 500 Republica, interrupting Anakin's unrestrained imaginings.

"Oh, that alarm clock!" Padme moaned. "Sometimes I can't stand that thing."

"I can take care of that." Anakin flicked his finger. The alarm clock fell to the floor in dozen pieces.

Padme sat up, fully awake. "Oh, Anakin, I didn't mean for you to break it."

"I'm sorry. It was bothering you." Anakin kissed her repentantly. "I can fix it. It's not actually broken- I just took it apart."

"You took it apart...with the Force?" Padme shook her head. "Oh, Anakin!"

"You said that already." He smirked and kissed her again. "I'm going to comm Rex and check on Ahsoka while you get ready."

Padme slid out of bed and slipped on her silk robe, embroidered with meadow flowers and tiny pearls. "Don't you think Ahsoka is getting a little old for a babysitter?"

"I feel a lot better leaving her with a responsible Togruta sitter like Rex." Anakin retrieved his comm link and stepped to the balcony to make his call.

"Hey, Rex! We leave in a couple of hours, so I figured I ought to check on Ahsoka. How is she?"

"To tell you the truth, sir, she's angry with you."

"Angry? Why?"

"She heard about your cruise on the Love Commander. You know- swimming pools, roller skating rinks, an arcade, a chocolate fountain. She wants to go with you."

"That's right, Master." Ahsoka's voice joined the conversation over Rex's comm link. "And the Boys want to come, too."

"The boys?" Agitated, Anakin walked back into the room and began picking up the pieces of the alarm clock.

"You know- Fives, Jesse, Hardcase, Tup, Echo," Ahsoka explained.

"Snips, the cruise leaves today. I can't get any more tickets this late." Anakin tucked the alarm clock pieces into his pocket.

"You don't have to," Ahsoka giggled. "Master Obi-Wan already did. Rex and the Boys are staying with you and I'm staying with Padme. So I guess I can stop being angry with you."

"I think that sounds like fun!" Padme stepped back into the bedroom with an armful of dresses. "When you get all the arrangements settled, I need your advice. The blue one with gold embroidery, the purple one with beading or the red and silver with the iridescent petticoat?"

Three hours later, Anakin landed a small Nubian ship in the elegant hangar bay of the Love Commander. Dropping the ramp, he picked up Padme's suitcases.

"Allow me, my Lady."

They strolled down the ramp together, followed by C-3PO and R2-D2. At the foot of the ramp, they were greeted by a gleaming pink droid.

"Hello!" The droid extended an elegant durasteel arm to Padme. "Welcome to the Love Commander. I am LOV-3. And you are Senator Amidala, are you not?"

"Yes. This is my bodyguard, Jedi Skywalker and our two droids."

"If you will follow me, we will check you in and show you to your rooms."

"We have a few more members of our party-" Padme's explanation was abruptly cut off by the roar of engines. A GAR shuttle rushed over their heads, veering just in time to avoid crashing into the hangar wall. The ship rolled over twice, spun wildly, then to a jerky landing next to Padme's ship.

"Here they are." Anakin stretched out with the Force to make sure Ahsoka and the Clones were unharmed.

"We made it, Master!" Ahsoka bounded down the shuttle ramp with Rex holding her tightly by the hand.

"Easy, Little U'n!" Rex cautioned. "The ramp's unstable after the landing."

The six other Clones strolled down the uneven ramp. They joined Anakin and Padme. LOV-3 consulted her passenger list.

"Ah, yes. Last minute additions. Follow me, please."

As Padme, Anakin and Rex handled the details of checking in, Hardcase helped himself to the entire contents of the complimentary.

"Hardcase!" Too late, Echo lunged for his brother.

"That was pretty good. Woulda been better if I'd taken the wrappers off. I wonder if there's more."

"You've had enough," Kix assured him.

"It was a good idea to bring a medic," Anakin whispered to Rex.

"For moral support, if nothing else," Rex agreed. "Sorry about crashing your trip."

"It's Obi-Wan's fault, not yours. Besides, it's a big ship. We'll find somewhere to be alone."

Ahsoka bounced over to Rex's side.

"Come on, Rexter. Let's go swimming!"

"Go on, Rex," Anakin chuckled. "Padme and I can take care of getting the luggage to our rooms."

"We'll need our swimwear." Rex grabbed Ahsoka's hand and quickly counted noses to make sure he hadn't lost any vod yet. "I think I should get the boys settled in before I take the Commander swimming."

"Maybe we can get Hardcase down for his nap," Kix agreed.

Captain Calrissian, the owner of the space cruiser, called two of his droids over. "This SW3-3T and H3-4RT. They will take you to your suites and help you get settled, so you can get started on your week of fun."

Fives, Jesse, Hardcase and Tup all cheered and the whole troop followed the droids to the turbo lift.

Author's Note: I hope you are enjoying this third story in The Love Commander Collection. If you would like to know more about the Love Commander's backstory, you can read the prologue to the first story, The Art of the Galaxy.  Thanks for reading and God bless you!