Scene 5

Anakin took the phone from Lando. "Anakin Skywalker here."

"Anakin!" Obi-Wan's voice came through the receiver. "Why is the Love Commander in the middle of a battle zone?"

"Something made it jump way off course."

"Something?"

"I had nothing to do with it! I haven't touched"-

Rex was pointedly not looking at him. The alarm clock. Anakin winced. It was too late to undo the wiring. He needed to concentrate on getting them out of this mess.

"Anakin, Captain Calrissian has to move his ship immediately. You're taking fire from both sides."

"Really?" Anakin toggled a switch. Sure enough, the ship had sustained multiple direct hits on its port and starboard. Yet it still showed no damage.

"I don't think you need to worry about us."

"We're badly outnumbered and we can't protect you. You've got to get out of here!" Obi-Wan repeated.

"Don't worry, we're here to help." Anakin tucked the phone between his head and shoulder. "Just give me a couple of minutes to figure out this giant sonic screwdriver."

"A screwdriver? What are you going to do, assemble a cabinet at them?"

"You forget that I'm a whiz with tools and droids. Talk to you later." Anakin tossed the phone back into its cradle.

Ignoring Rex's suggestions from the manual, Anakin fiddled with the mysterious screwdriver. Captain Calrissian and Lando peered anxiously over his shoulder. Several tense minutes passed.

Rex's comm buzzed.

"Rex," Ahsoka moaned. "I need more chocolate milk and the Boys are gone! Kix says I can get up now but I don't want to."

"I'll be there soon," Rex soothed.

"Where are you anyway?"

"The General and I have to take care of some tinnies."

Ahsoka squealed. "Sounds like fun. Kix probably won't let me help."

Rex chuckled. "You keep resting. We'll manage"-

"Got it!" Anakin whooped in triumph. He jumped up and grabbed one of the control handles, then grinned at Lando.

"Want to help, Kid?"

"Can I, Dad?"

"Sure."

Beaming, Lando took the second control handle.

"Let's take out that droid ship first- mark 227." Anakin keyed in the target's coordinates.

Together, he and Lando guided the enormous screwdriver towards the droid ship. Slowly, the sonic beams extended outward from the screwdriver to touch the joints and seams of the vessel. A piece of the hull popped off, followed by another and another.

"What's happening, Rex?" Ahsoka whispered through the comm.

"The General's playing with droids again. Open the shields on your port side viewport and you'll see."

The disassembled ship tumbled through space. Apparently realizing their danger, the other droid ships converged on the Love Commander, firing lasers to no avail.

One at a time, Anakin and Lando dismantled the rest of the fleet. The void of space filled with droids and durasteel. Satisfied with his work, Anakin released the control handle and stepped to the bridge viewport for a look of his own.