•the morning after•

this picture has me in SHAMBLES😩 don't even get me started on the video-

January 17, 2023

Claire's pov:

I woke up to the feeling of Joe's arms wrapped around my body, holding me close to him. I snuggled close to his chest and let out a content sigh as his arms instinctively pulled me close. His chest was soft, yet firm at the same time and his arms were warm, his embrace comforting.

Gosh, why couldn't we have done this months ago? I thought to myself.

I was pulled out of my thoughts by Joe brushing his fingertips along my arm. I tilted my head up and smiled softly at him. He returned the same smile. I laid my head back down, laying in silence and just enjoying the early morning with him. Until Joe's stomach growled loudly, ruining the moment and making both of us laugh.

"Good morning to you too." I said, a teasing smile on my face.

"I'm sorry." He chuckled, "I haven't had anything to eat since before the game yesterday. I'm starving."

I giggled, "It sounds like it."

I pulled myself out of his arms and got out of bed, putting my panties back on and sliding one of Joe's shirts on over my naked body.

"I'll go make you something to eat. What sounds good?"

"You." He said with a smirk. I rolled my eyes. Of course he was already thinking about round two.

"Let's get some real food in your belly first. Then we'll talk." I replied, winking at him after I finished my sentence.

He smirked and reached out to grab my hand, pulling me back down onto the bed. I laughed and leaned in to place a soft kiss on his pink lips. Joe smiled at me and brought his hand up to brush a strand of hair out of my face, tucking it behind my ear. I smiled and was about to say something but Joe's growling stomach beat me to it. His eyes widened at his stomachs outburst, which had ruined the moment once again. I giggled and stood from the bed, holding my hand out for him.

"Come on Joey, let's go feed ya."

He chuckled and grabbed my hand, "Yes ma'am." I pulled him up from the bed, Joe helping me by pushing himself off the mattress. I stumbled backwards as he stood from the bed, the two of us laughing as I regained my footing. I held onto his hand and brought him our from the bedroom and into the kitchen. I let go of his hand and opened the fridge, looking to see what type of breakfast food we had in the fridge.

"Um," I said, opening one of the fridge drawers, "we have turkey bacon, eggs, maybe some spinach?" I turned around to face Joe, "what sounds good?"

"You don't have to make me anything." He said, smiling softly. I rolled my eyes and got the ingredients for an omelette out of the fridge, setting them on the counter.

"Yes I do," I crossed my arms and turned to look at him. Winking after I said, "consider it a thank you for last night."

Joe just shook his head and chuckled. He sat down on the barstool in the kitchen as I prepared breakfast for the two of us. As I was making Joe's omelette, my thoughts wandered to last night. Oh last night...last night was so good. The Bengals won and Joe and I finally broke that growing tension between us. Last night couldn't have gone any better. It was truly something special.