Chapter 5 Icy interest

Varay Aurae pov

Since coming back to Dicathen Arthur been close to me, with our traning and him guiding us to break the barrier we had.
The 16 years old Arthur i remember was in different ways another person, the current Arthur with his wheat-blond hair, hanging down around a face that could have been chiseled from stone, any youthful softness erased by the trials of this war.

The most startling, though, were his eyes. Those golden orbs burned like the sun, his gaze carrying a physical warmth, a raw and indefinable power, whenever it fell on me. HIs sudden presence caused goosebumps to raise along the backs of my arms and neck, uncomfortably reminding me of how I'd felt in the presence of General Aldir.

He's currently a really attractive man, i wanted to find an opportunity to have some time alone with him, whenever we met we talk about military and traning related topics, we are at war, but now with the protection from Kezess it put my mind at ease for a little bit, i wanted to enjoy the few moments we had.

I went to Vidorial to search for Arthur, I made my way to Arthur's family home and knocked on the door. His mother answered and looked at me with surprise. "General Varay , what brings you here?" she asked.

"I'm looking for General Arthur. Do you happen to know where he is?" I asked, trying to sound formal.

She smiled and said, "Yes, he is in the laboratory with Gideon. You can find him over there."

"Thank you, I'm taking my leave," I replied with a smile, feeling a bit embarrassed.

As I was making my way toward the laboratory, Caera Denoir was walking towards me. She looked at me and said, "General Varay , are you looking for Arthur?"

I replied "Yes, i'm going to the laboratory, i needed to talk to him"

she looked at me with a face i couldn't read and said "ok, you will find him over there, i'm going home to rest a litle bit after my training"

I saluted her and went to the laboratory, before i could knock on the door, Arthur and Lyra were coming out of the laboratory, apparently he had just finished his work, his eyes feel on me and said " Varay, what an unexpected visit "

I felt the weight of his stare on me, and i replied "Arthur i was looking for you, can we have a talk privately"

He looked at me confused and said "Sure, i'm free now", he paused and looked at Lyra and said " I will go with Varay , don't do anything, remain in the laboratory in Gideon needs a hand until i come back"

she gave Arhur a bow and said "i will do as you ordered , Regent leywin" 

We walked far from the other people and while walking i was looking for an opportunity to talk, and i said "You know Arthur, with Kezess at bay my mind is at ease right now, i wanted to thank you for you efforts ".

he looked at me surpriesed at said  "you don't have to thank me, i'm doing my best to do what has to be done".

i was nervus and told him " what are you planing to do next?"

he paused for a moment and said "I was thinking of going back to the relictombs to explore the third and fourth tomb, but first i needed to use the keystone to gain insight into Aevum"

"what is Aevum ?" i asked.

"it's one of the branches of Aether, that controls time, if i gained more insight i might have access to other god runes, i might be able to stop time again, or revert time on living beings, resurrecting the dead"

i looked at him, i couldn't imagine what Aether was able to do and said "that incredible, how is your progress with the keystone"

he looked at me with a sad smile and said "I still barely unders stand Aevum, i can revert time on non living objects, my understanding is very limited, and i'm not making any progress with the keystone either"