Chapter 4 Battle for the Keystone

Arthur pov

Caera and I decided to talk to my Mother about our relationship. As we sat down with her, I couldn't help but feel nervous. But to my surprise, my mother's reaction was warm and understanding. It was as if she had already known about us.

With Dicathen now mostly in order i knew i had time to explore the relictombs, i also knew that i had to go back to Alacrya to aide Scythe Seris with her rebelion, she didn't have much time. 

I knew that after Ellie's Death i needed to look more into Aroa's Requiem god rune for more insight, in hope i might be able to resurect the dead, The keystone was the only way i had know that could've unlocked a deeper and more powerful insight into Aevum, but it was destroyed in the mirror room and i was left with nothing to guide me.

I decided that the best choice was to go into the relictombs in hopes that i could find another way but that would take too long.

The only thing left for me to do was to go back to the mirror room and try to use Aroa's Requiem to restore everything that was destroyed. It was the only way to retrieve the Keystone that I had lost.

I and I didn't want to waste any more time. The only way out was to use the power of Aroa's Requiem to restore the mirror room and everything in it. It was a risky move, but it was the only choice I had.

I made my way to Caera's room to tell her my plan. I could see the excitement in her eyes as I explained my plan to her.

I explained to her that we would be going back to the mirror room to try and retrieve the Keystone that had been destroyed. We would then move on to the third and fourth tombs after gaining more insight in Aevum.

"You really think this is going to work?" Caera asked, skepticism lacing her words.

"I don't know for sure, but it's the only option we have left," I replied.

Caera sighed, running a hand through her hair. "I guess we don't have much of a choice, do we?"

Regis came out of my core and and said "while your plan to get the keystone might not be the best but  it might work, we need to find the mirror room again"

we decided that to go to the relic tombs immidiatly. I focused my thoughts and used the relic to open a portal. I adgusted the portal to get us close to the mirror room where my memory remembers.

As we stepped through, I felt a sense of disorientation. When we emerged, we found ourselves in a desert cave, not the mirror room. I looked around, trying to get my bearings.

"This isn't the mirror room," Caera said, her voice tinged with disappointment.

I nodded in agreement. We had to find our way back to the mirror room, but we didn't even know where we were. Regis suggested that we explore the cave, as there might be clues that could lead us back.

Regis remarked "this desert cave is quite a departure from the grand palaces we've been visiting lately. It's a little too... rustic for my tastes. But, I suppose we must go where the princes leads us".

We set out into the twisting tunnels and chambers, with me leading the way. The walls of the cave were jagged and rough, and the floor was covered in a thick layer of sand and dust.

Caera walking, her eyes scanning the walls and floors. We walked for what felt like hours, our footsteps echoing in the silent darkness. Finally, we came to a large, circular chamber.

"I have a weird feeling about this" Caera said, pointing to a stone column in the center of the chamber. "I think to get out of here, we need to do something with this"