Chapter 8 Battle for Love: Caera vs Aya

Arthur POV

I went to meditate, to recover my Aether reserves after i left Aya.

'I think it's been 3 days' i thought to myself, i went out of the room where  i was mediting in and went toward the kitchen, i found Aya and Mom talking while sitting on the table.

"Good morning, Arthur," Mom greeted me.

"Morning, did Ellie not wake up yet?" I asked, concerned.

Aya looked at me and said, "I checked on her in those days, and apparently her core is purifying at a monstrous rate. That's why she didn't wake up yet. Her core is close to breaking into the dark silver stage."

"I hope she wakes up soon. It's been three days," I said, worried about my friend.

"I'll go stay with her a bit," I added before leaving them and going towards my room, where Ellie was still lying in bed.

I opened the door, and Ellie was still sleeping. I sat down next to her bed and activated Realmheart, watching her core clearing just as Aya said. Her core was at its limits, but I knew that she would wake up soon.

"Ellie, you have to wake up soon.," I whispered, placing my hand on hers.

As I sat there, holding Ellie's hand and waiting for her to wake up, I felt my eyes grow heavy. It had been a long few days, and the stress of everything was finally catching up to me. I closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep, my hand still holding Ellie's.

After what felt like only a few moments, I felt a hand touch me, jolting me awake. "Ellie, you're awake!" I exclaimed, only to see her still lying unconscious on the bed. I turned around and saw Aya standing there, her hand on my back.

"Aya, you woke me up. Is there anything you need?" I asked, feeling groggy from my brief nap.

Aya looked at me with a seductive gaze and said, "I wouldn't mind the strongest Lance to help me with my feelings problems."

I laughed a bit, feeling a twinge of guilt at the thought of being unfaithful to Caera. "You don't have to tease me like that, Aya."

"I'm not teasing you. After I woke up from the Afterlife, it was love at first sight," Aya said, leaning closer to me. I could feel her chest against my back.

"Aya, we can't. I'm already in a relationship with someone I care deeply for," I said, trying to gently push her away.

"I asked Alice, and she said that you're dating an Alacryan Noble. Do you think an enemy deserves you more than me?" Aya asked, her voice laced with a hint of anger that she was trying to hide with sound magic.

"Aya, she is on our side, and not all Alacryans are enemies, i know what happend to Elenoir will remain in your heart for ever, but it was the Asuras who had done this, Alacrians are just under the tyranny of the Asuras, and following orders" i said turning around looking at her.

She was silent for a moment and suddenly she sat down on me, i felt a warm sensation on my lips, I pushed her away and said "Aya you didn't have to do this, I told you can't" i said angry at her from her suden action.

I looked at Aya, trying to understand why she would do something so reckless. Her eyes were pleading, and I could see the hurt and desperation behind them. I knew she wanted to prove herself to me, but this wasn't the way to do it.

"Aya, what are you thinking? You can't just kiss me like that and expect everything to be okay," I said, my voice stern.

"I know, I'm sorry. But please, Arthur, hear me out. I want to prove to you that I'm not weak, that I can fight for what I want. Please, just give me this chance," she said, her voice breaking.