Chapter 1

Luz's POV:
Today was a normal day at Hexside, well as normal as it could be. That is until Principal Bump announced on the school  speakers that there is a new student that will start attending Hexside today, and we should all welcome her with warm greetings.
After the announcement, Willow and Gus walked over to me, and started to talk to me, I was paying attention to what they were talking about until Amity walked down the hallway. My cheeks started to heat up, her beautiful amber eyes met mine, and I quickly looked away trying focuss on something else, while my mind was short circuiting.
Willow noticed how I was acting and gave me the "I know you like her smirk".
Gus was being super oblivious and kept asking me why I looked away from Amity.

I started to daydream about what what happen if me and Amity got together. I did not even realize that the bell rang and I was going to be late to class if I don't hurry up and go.

(Time skip to lunch)

I sat down to eat with Willow, Gus and Amity. When Boscha and her gang came up to us. I saw trouble, so I stood up trying to stop them from bugging us.
"Luz, it's ok, Boscha and her friends are nice to me, you don't have to worry about it" Willow said.
"How and when did this happen" I asked with a shocked face.
Willow explained to us that after the grugby game, Boscha apologized for being mean to me, and that she was just being mean because of her parents.
Me and Gus were happy that Willow and Boscha don't fight anymore, but Amity kept eyeing Boscha suspiciously.

After lunch I headed to my next class, which is abominations. I like the class but it can get a little challenging from time to time, but since Amity is in that class, she can help me with the things that I struggle on.

I sat down at an empty seat all the way in the back, because everwhere else was full. The teacher started to talk about how to properly use abominations as protections, when the door opened, and a girl with blonde hair and green eyes walked in, she looked scared.
"Ahh welcome miss greens, you can sit by miss Noceda in the back" the teacher told her with a happy tone.

She looked around again for a moment before walking towards me and sitting down. I decided to introduce myself to her after we were allowed to talk to each other about the assignment.

"Hello there, my name is Luz Noceda, what about you"? I asked

"Hi, my name is Abby Greens" she answered shyly.

After a while of getting to know her, she asked if I could help her study for this class tomorrow, because she does not understand it. I agreed, and before I knew it, class was over and it was time to go home.

As I was walking outside, Willow caught up to me and invited me to her sleepover on Saturday. I agreed and she left. I started to walk again when I heard someone call my name. I turned around to see Amity walking towards me. The butterflies in my stomach returned, and my heart started to beat very loudly again.

"Hey Luz" Amity said.

"H-Hi Amity, what are you doing here" I stuttered.

She just laughed at my silly question and I felt like time just stopped. She is so precious, my heart can't take it.

"I was wondering if you want to have the Azura book club today, it's completely fine if you don't want to" she said very quickly.

"Yeah sure" I answered her.

"Great well see you later" she answered saying it even faster than before.

Before I could ask her what time, she quickly ran away, while looking at the floor. Huh that was weird, oh well, I guess I will see her later. I skipped towards the owl house. Hooty started to open his mouth to say something, but I quickly opened the door and closed it, running towards my room and laying on the bed that Eda got me a few days ago.

I layed there for a few minutes, trying to think about the day I had, but the only thoughts I kept having was about Amity. What if whenever I tell her my feelings, will she reject me, Does she even like girls, will I make things awkward? Those thoughts kept on occuring as I tried to push them away.

*Authors Note: hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, this is my first story every, and I hope it goes well. If you guys have any suggestions for future chapters comment them down below. Also I don't know when the next chapter will be out, but it will be soon. Enjoy this short chapter and hopefully, the other chapters will be longer*.