Ch 1

(Changgu's Pov)

Making my way towards the park for my afternoon walk in order to get away from the handsy and affectionate couple back home I make sure my mask and cap are secured as I enter the park. Making my way around I admire the calmness and peacefulness until suddenly a force slams into me making me stumble backwards a bit I barely catching myself and the force that slammed into me. Once I'm steady I see a young guy with brown hair and black and brown dog ears he looking up at me with bright emerald green eyes I unconsciously swallowing. I go to ask if he's okay when I hear an older man's voice calling out angrily. "Kaleb! Get back here!" The young hybrid lets out a whine I suddenly noticing the bruises all over him and the spiked choke chain around his neck. Frowning I immediately make a split second decision and say gently to the young man. "Get behind me." He looks at me surprised but quickly moves behind me he clutching onto the back of my shirt as a much older man walks over to us he looking very angry and aggravated as he stops in front of me. "Oh good you found him. Come on Kaleb we need to go home." I immediately speak up feeling extremely protective of the hybrid behind me. "He's not going anywhere with you. He's injured and needs help." The man immediately gives me a dark look. "He belongs to me and he's fine. Now hand him over or you'll regret it." The man starts advancing on me when I immediately blurt out without thinking. "I'll buy him from you." The man pauses before raising an eyebrow. "You won't be able to afford him. He's not cheap." I pull out my checkbook that I luckily thought to randomly bring and say seriously. "Name a price." The man looks at me surprised but names a very steep price I knowing it might cause a small dent in my savings but I write down the price and sign the check before handing it over. The man nods before turning to leave I letting out a breath before I look back at Kaleb he shaking and shivering I immediately feeling concerned when I see he's only in a thin tank top and shorts. Quickly taking my jacket off I drape it over him protectively before saying gently. "Let's go we need to get you checked out." He gives a little nod not meeting my eyes I gently taking his hand and start leading him back towards the apartment.