Chapter 106

Chapter 106: Downcast Men

"I'm going to add another criterion. If you agree to it, then I will transfer Luo's Workshop to your name. Hereafter, it will become your personal company that belongs solely to you. How about that?" Chu Yunxiong said with a smile. However, he was hiding too many things behind that smirk, so Xiao Luo couldn't distinguish his genuine thoughts.

"Tell me about it," said Xiao Luo.

Chu Yunxiong picked up the IOU in front of him. Vibrant lights danced in his turbid, older eyes as he said, "Didn't you already promise me 600 million dollars in profits one year from now? Now, let's add another term. If you fail to pay back the 600 million after a year, you will come to work at the Chongshan House."

Chu Yunxiong's motive was apparent. He wanted Xiao Luo to remain under his control and work for him.

The last thing that Xiao Luo wanted was to be restricted. Otherwise, when Chu Yunxiong had said three days ago that he was going to let him manage Luo's Workshop, he wouldn't have given it any consideration. Nonetheless, Chu Yunxiong's words had undoubtedly incited Xiao Luo's will to fight and his desire for challenge.

"Deal!"

That convincing one-word reply echoed in the vast office hall.

Chu Yunxiong froze for a moment then asked, "Are you not going to give it any more consideration?"

"No."

"If you fail, then you will need to work for me for lif-"

"I will not fail," Xiao Luo interrupted with a smile. Deep within his eyes, there was calmness and absolute composure.

Chu Yunxiong nodded and said, "Luo, I admire this part of you!"

He clapped his hands. Leng Zuo pushed open the door and walked in with a stack of documents. Ge Zhongtian, a lawyer from the Jiangcheng Law Firm, came in with him. To be legitimate, the transfer of corporate shares had to be conducted by a lawyer.

Xiao Luo signed his name and stamped his thumbprint in the bottom corner of each document. Although taking over Luo's Workshop had been a short-term plan, after he signed the papers to transfer the shares, Xiao Luo felt a little bit of pressure in his heart. After all, right now, Luo's Workshop was like a camel that was starving to death. Everything rested on Xiao Luo's ability to save this camel from the brink of destruction.

Luo's Workshop was going to be his first stepping-stone in the business world!

"Mr. Chu, if there's nothing else, then I'll be leaving."

Xiao Luo filed away the signed documents in his briefcase. From this moment on, he was now the master of Luo's Workshop. The business' day to day operations would no longer have any ties to Chu Yunxiong. Gain or loss, Xiao Luo would be the one to bear them all.

"Chu Yue is always asking me about your whereabouts. See..."

"I don't want anything to do with anyone at Huaye. They have their lives, and I have mine. If we insist on barging into each other's worlds, then somebody will inevitably get hurt," Xiao Luo said faintly.

Chu Yunxiong nodded and said, "Alright. I know what to do."

******

"It's done?"

"Yeah," Xiao Luo nodded.

Zhang Dashan glanced at the stack of documents finalizing the share transfer inside Xiao Luo's briefcase. He couldn't contain the excitement on his face. Xiao Luo was about to soar high up into the sky. As his good old brother, Zhang Dashan certainly had to follow him. Just the thought itself sent him into a tizzy.