Chapter 159: Competition

Hu Shuirong had just happened to be on the clock when she heard the news of Sun Yu’s attempted suicide. She made her way back to the trauma room as fast as she could. When she arrived at its entrance, she broke down and cried in grief, falling to her knees.

Xiao Luo took a step up, looked coldly down on her from above, and said: “You should know the reason for this, now tell me!”

It wasn’t a casual discussion with room for compromise nor a simple question. It was a command!

Hu Shuirong looked up, disheveled, and answered with a hiss: “It’s He Ruanliang!”

Xiao Ruyi’s expression changed slightly.

Tang Ren’s eyes widened, and he couldn’t believe that his own boss He Ruanliang had something to do with Sun Yu’s incident.

Hu Shuirong lost her composure as tears ran down her face. Seething with hate and remorse, she cried: “He Ruanliang is not human, he’s an animal! He tricked us, purposely got us addicted to drugs, and forced us to become his toys. Yuyu tried fighting back before, but every time her addiction kicked in, she couldn’t help but beg him for more drugs. He hurt Yuyu and me, and he also hurt many young girls in the hospital.”

What?!

The revelation was shocking, unbelievable. It stunned both Xiao Ruyi and Tang Ren. No wonder Sun Yu was willing to get a room with He Ruanliang at that hotel; no wonder Sun Yu started crying after a few words from He Ruanliang at the Mid-autumn festival Gala, rejecting Xiao Luo’s proposal and running off. No wonder…these were the reasons for all her actions.

“So that’s how it is, that’s how it is…”

Xiao Luo lifted his head up, smiling darkly, he straightened his posture as he clenched his fists tight.

He suddenly asked: “Where does He Ruanliang live?”

Hu Shuirong’s whole body trembled, she clearly saw the murderous intent in Xiao Luo’s burning eyes.

“You should have been to his place before, right?” Xiao Luo questioned coldly.

Hu Shuirong nodded: “He has a house in Lishui Binjiang that he purchased without his wife’s knowledge for…”

“What’s the area code, building number, and floor number?” Xiao Luo interrupted her.

“Area C building 9, 7th floor.”

“Where do he and his wife live?”

“Hongqi Park, area B, building 6, 3rd floor.”

Xiao Luo turned and walked away as soon as he received the two addresses.

“Big brother, where are you going? Don’t do reckless things!” Xiao Ruyi called to him while her heart jumped out of her chest.

Tang Ren added: “Let’s call the police, let the JC handle this.”

“Don’t worry, I’m just going out for a walk.”

Xiao Luo turned and gave them a smirk before leaving without a second word.

Deep down, Xiao Ruyi was still concerned. If her brother broke the law because of Sun Yu, she would never be able to forgive herself.

….

….

Gu Qinglin arrived outside of the trauma room not too long after Xiao Luo had left.

After seeing Xiao Ruyi, the sister of Xiao Luo recorded on visitors’ log, and recalling the evidence given by the cab driver earlier, her speculation was proven correct; that strange passenger was indeed Xiao Luo.