Chapter 147: Could Not Hold Back a Fart

From Xiao Luo’s point of view, defending someone in court was like being in a debate competition. Besides, in addition to having the skills prioritized in a debate – quick, reactive thinking and the ability to express oneself with language – one’s defense in court also needed to be able to convince the presiding judge as well as the two other judges.

To find a way out of the dead-end he’d been forced into, ‘Orator Fu’ had some real skills. One could not help but be impressed!

“Find an opportunity to provoke him!” Xiao Luo instructed Zhang Dashan.

When people were angry, it was easier for them to lose themselves and reveal their weaknesses.

Faced with Fu Heyu’s calculated defense, Zhang Dashan stared at him solemnly, saying, “Didn’t you say from the start that we were the ones threatening and intimidating him? Now, what’s all this about him getting angry? Are you saying that, when faced our threats and intimidation, Chen Jianbai was in a position to get angry? Attorney Fu, you say some really interesting things, huh.”

Fu Heyu replied calmly, “Why can’t threats and intimidation lead to anger? When a person’s id is dissatisfied and hurt, and pent-up resentment reaches a boiling point, they become angry. Threats and intimidation…”

He stopped speaking. His expression had suddenly changed because Zhang Dashan was making a degrading gesture at him. He was giving him the middle finger.

At first, Fu Heyu did not take it to heart. He chose to ignore the insult and continued speaking. However, Zhang Dashan upped the ante. He did not just raise his left middle finger, but also his right. He even mouthed the words “f*ck you” at him.

Fu Heyu was instantly infuriated, and his face flushed a deep red color. Pointing at Zhang Dashan, he shouted, “Presiding judge, he’s humiliating me!”

Seeing that Zhang Dashan had his middle fingers raised, the presiding judge knitted his eyebrows deeply. “Plaintiff, please cease your vulgar gesture of pointing the middle finger at once!”

There was an uproar from the audience, who were shocked by Zhang Dashan’s behavior. This was the first time any of them had seen the middle finger being given in a courtroom.

“Is this guy trying to flip the script?” Zhang Yong gasped.

Xu Guansong’s face grew paler by the moment. He was becoming apprehensive about the future of Luo’s Workshop.

“What the hell? This bold guy is awesome. I can’t believe that he pointed the middle finger at the opposing defense lawyer in a courtroom!”

“I thought that this would be a boring public hearing. But now, after seeing this, I see it’s no ordinary trial.”

“Haha! He’s really a model for our generation. Powerful!”

This incident created a considerable commotion online, and users left many comments praising Zhang Dashan for his exceptional feat.

Zhang Dashan raised his eyebrows innocently as he replied, “Presiding judge, let me explain myself. Just a moment ago, I accidentally poked my finger with a splinter on the table and started bleeding. That’s why I raised it. I didn’t mean to insult anyone.”

“Then why do you have both of your middle fingers raised?” Fu Heyu roared.

To be humiliated in this manner inside a courtroom—and by a nameless nobody!—had enraged him entirely.