Chapter 5

The boys had actually knocked out shortly after pretending. They didn't have an actual symbolic conversation about what they had done until the following morning.

Robby gasped as he woke up abruptly on his back; apparently he does a lot of things abruptly. He turned to see Miguel sound asleep, who was facing him. His deep breaths were audible, but he didn't appear to really be snoring.

Robby reached out to Miguel's loose hand that wasn't supporting his cheek.

What are we, Diaz. What will we become, was all Robby could think aloud. Just a couple of weeks ago, Robby would've been happy to pass on all of his pain and more to Miguel. But now he wishes he could take it all away.

As Miguel held Robby's hand last night, Robby just left his hand there for him to wake up to. He'd intertwine their fingers when Miguel awoke.

Miguel woke up so calmly, stretched and smiled with grace as he realized he had company ready to hold him- already holding him by the hand.

"Hi", Miguel began.

"Hi", Robby replied intertwining their fingers.

"I see you've been up. Sleep well?"

"Even better. I actually fell asleep on a high and actually woke up well rested for once, still high. Thanks to you", Robby stated sweetly but with the right amount of sincerity to capture Miguel's eyes.

"I'm glad, cause I can say the same", Miguel stated with a light smile.

"Good. You know, last night was probably one of the only times, if not the only time, where I wouldn't go back to change anything; I'd only go back to experience it all over again. Feel the most embraced I've ever felt from anyone.."

"Wow. What a compliment", Miguel began.

"You did say in the midst of our session, that there may be more nights like them", Miguel smiled larger now.

"God I hope so", Robby confessed before just going for Miguel's lips; it was quite adorable he didn't even grab his cheek- he's got it bad.

Miguel soon grabbed Robby's cheek before continuing anything, and just spoke the words:

"And so do I. For once we both want the same thing, something we won't fight over", he laughed.

More like something we'd fight for.

"Does this mean we're romantic friends with benefits. Cause last time I checked, well.. regular friends with benefits don't cuddle or hold hands", Robby matched Miguel's face of content.

"Perhaps. We're more than friends, and just short of lovers for now", Miguel teased.

"I'm not gonna lie, Diaz- I don't think a future relationship is impossible for us anymore", Robby blurted out not breaking eye contact with the brunette, and they mutually squeezed hands.

"Me neither", Miguel wholeheartedly agreed as he reached for Robby's lips this time.

"Mm", Robby let out before breaking their kiss.

"No one exactly even suspects us right now, right? And who would we even tell?"

Robby didn't mean for this to come off as if he wanted Miguel to be kept a secret. If he learned anything from Tory, it was not to care who knew what- when it came to relationships, at least.

Miguel knew what Robby meant, though. It's as if they were meant to understand each other.

"I don't think so? Although Yasmine was being a bit.. interesting yesterday. She kept teasing me about making amends with you, as if it meant we developed a soft spot but because we got hard for each other", Miguel laughed.