Part 3: The Sour Truth

I checked the time on my phone to see I was 5 minutes early to my session. I tapped my foot on the floor rapidly, counting how many plants I saw in Lecter's waiting room in an attempt to relax myself before he saw me like this.

"You'll be perfect"

Mia said beside me. I glanced over to see her slouched on the couch to my left, she had an assuring smile on her face as she sat upright, her face closer to mine. I could see every detail on her sweet face, her faint freckles and poured lips, her doe eyes. I let out a shuddered sigh, taking her in.

"I miss you.." I whispered to her, my bottom lip quivering. She stroked my hair gently, I felt every physical touch, even though I know she's a result of my grief.

"I know... but go"

Suddenly, the door creaked open behind me causing me to jolt over to see the doctor stood under the door frame, with the door opened by his body holding it open for me to enter, he was dressed formally as per. He welcomed me with a smile, which made me ponder if he saw me talking to Mia. As I stood up, I checked back to where she sat, to see she was most definitely gone. I walked past the doctor, then made my way to sit down until I noticed some drawings on the desk, which caught my eye since I was a fan of the arts myself.

"It's nice to see you again, Miss. Washington" he said to me, closing the door and taking easy steps over to me. I stayed stationary as I tried to analyse the drawings from the middle of the room, tilting my head in an attempt to get a better view. The doctor kept shooting his eyes between my glance then myself with his hands behind him.
"Curious cat, aren't you? You know the saying" he leaned in to whisper in my ear "curiosity always kills the cat" I looked up at him, to see our bodies close together. I flashed him a warm smile before taking a seat, as did he. As before, he would cross his legs in a polite manner with his notepad and pen at the ready. Then, he hand gestured for me to start but I didn't want to jump into my thoughts straight away.

"How was the markets?" I started off, rubbing my palms together slowly in an attempt to get myself comfortable. He pouted his lips at me, then licked them as he scanned the room for a moment.

"I did not give them a chance, I prepared young Clementine some extra food and delivered it to her in person. She is truly an angel" he responded to me, tapping his pen on the paper. I let out a subtle chuckle, adjusting my hair.
"You two look alike" he added on, catching onto my hair. I smiled at him, showing my teeth but then looked back down at my lap.

"Thank you.. do you have any siblings, doctor?" I asked him, slanting my head as I looked up at him. Suddenly, the vibe in the room became darker as his body tensed slightly, his chest rose. He paused all movements for a moment, looking down at his empty paper.

"I'm an only child..." he replied after long moments of silence. I knew I treaded into some mighty dark territory, which was wrong of me. I waved my hands in the air for moment as I cringed at myself.

"I'm... so sorry, this is my time. Please forgive me" I spoke to him sadly, the shame already sinking in.

"No, it's perfectly alright. May I ask how your parents are?" He asked me, attempting to raise his head up at me, slanting his head at an angle.

"My parents" I scoffed, looking out the window while biting the inside of my cheek. Then, I heard scribbles from the doctor. I peered over to see him writing quickly and intently.
"Can I ask what you're writing down?" I asked him, leaning forwards on the chair. He never let his eyes go anywhere but the book.

"I'm afraid not, please continue" he hand gestured for me to carry on, his eyes still glued to the paper. I slumped back on the chair, playing with some dead skin on my fingers.