Part 26 - School Kids

"No, no... like this" Hannibal began to example to me how to knead dough, giving it some strength as he tensed his arms, revealing his strong veins with his rolled up sleeves.
"Do you understand?" He then turned his head over to me, revealing me gazing away at his arms. He then cleared his throat, snapping me out of it. I shot my head up at him, revealing my wide eyes and his smirk over at me.

"..yes" I coughed in one breath, rolling up my sleeves to take over. I kept repeating how he exampled me how to knead dough in my mind - assuring I don't melt the butter with the head of my palms, because he made that point one too many times. As I was kneading the dough, attempting to catch a rhythm, he began to collect my hair in a pony tail behind me, tying it with a piece of my hair. Feeling his fingers run through my hair was something I missed, and adored. He's so sweet, so gentle.

"TikTok, TikTok, TikTok" Mia sinisterly whispered in my ear, making my hairs stick up on my arms as my blood ran cold. However, when I peered over my shoulder she was never there, yet it did reveal the sight of Hannibal cutting up tomatoes into thin slices, doing it in a flash and seemingly perfect.

"Shall Vincent and his partner be joining us for pizza tonight. Your relations with him have... altered" Hannibal pondered, going to chop up some peppers. Realising I had stopped kneading, I continued on, adjusting a fallen strand from my hair behind my ear.

"I'll try to get ahold of him. He isn't particularly happy with... god I don't know. Sounds like he isn't happy with me but..." losing my words, I carried the dough into a bowl, placing a towel over it as Hannibal instructed. What is Vincent hurt about? It isn't our parents, Clem, Hannibal. Yet, he did approve to Hannibals face since he can see he makes me happier, yet he disapproved to me due to the age gap which I can understand, but what more does he want me to do? Age myself up and Hannibal down?

"Seduce him by the saying home made pizza" Hannibal's poor attempt to fix my frown actually worked due to his cheesiness - no pun intended... god, I actually can't believe I just did that. Giggling to myself, I began to Grate some cheese beside him, my eyes switching between the grater and Hannibal's magnificent slicing skills.

"So I was thinking about going into town, look at some apartments. Then, work on CPS" shuddering at the word 'CPS', Hannibal turned his head over to me momentarily, scanning my face, before collecting some of his chopped vegetables into a bowl.

"I believe Carol shall be absent for a short while" he confessed, wiping his hands with a towel.

"What?" I pulled a look over at him, detecting concern in my tone.

"The flu I believe" he added on, giving my hip a little squeeze as he made his way around me to the fridge, taking out some contents.

"Um.. how'd you know, is what I'm trying to say" I planted a hand on my hip, where he just squeezed. With his back facing me, he peered over his shoulder at me then closed the fridge. He seemed so calm, so harmonising so it mustn't be him, it's my paranoia. What am I paranoid about? Nothing!
"Sorry, I'm overthinking" I shook my head to myself, wiping my forehead before checking the time on my phone to see I should be going to collect Clementine soon.
"I should set off anyways, my cars still in the garage so-" I went on to say, for Hannibal's presence to suddenly be behind me, making yelp at the sight of him. I caught my breath stuck in my throat, planting a hand on my chest.
"Fuck me, you're really quiet" I nervously chuckled, looking up at him. He tilted his head to one side, before reaching out to cup a cheek, leaning down to give me a soft kiss, probably the softest one he's ever given me.
"I should go" I whispered to him, as his face was inches away from mine. Even though I didn't particularly want to leave now.

"Of course" he whispered back, a subtle smile on his face before he flashed another peck and went on to other duties.

———