Shopping

Amanda
I walked back to my apartment and put my keys in the bowl that was by the front door, which is where the car keys go. I walked to the kitchen where Jacob was preparing breakfast. He had a kiss the cook apron on, and I laughed a little as I watched him make eggs, "what's so funny?" He joked as he looked up at me. I rolled my eyes as I walked over to him and kissed him. "Good morning to you too, Chef," he laughed a little. "Where were you? I haven't seen you all morning. Were you helping Regina?" I nodded. "You're too nice, baby." he wrapped his arms around my waist before kissing me. "Oh, please! She's a single mother, and I just found out she's Chuck's brother, Wilson's ex-wife." his eyes widened as I wrapped my arms around his neck. "Oh wow, is this something I should tell said Chuck?" He teased, "You shall not." I giggled before kissing him passionately. I unwrapped my arms from his neck, and he let go of my waist as I pulled away, "Can you set some plates out on the table?" I nod with a smile as I put the plates on the table and sit down. Jacob brings a plate of food over. "Bon appetite," he kissed my cheek before sitting beside me. After breakfast, I decided to see if I could help Regina with anything. As much as I could tell she didn't need the help if I were in her position, I would want some help, even the small things like offering to pay for stuff and helping her unpack. She was a nice girl, and I wanted to help, especially since I knew her—more than she knew. I walked out the front door of my apartment and went to Regina's door before knocking. She opened the door, but before I could say anything, she started talking, "I know you want to help, but seriously, I don't need it." She seemed confident that it was what she wanted. Still, for some strange reason, I wanted to do this, "I know, but honestly, I have nothing else to do if it the fact I'm offering to pay for everything I can stop, but at least let me help" I pled and she smiles a little before nodding "fine, but I will be paying." I smiled as she went back inside and grabbed Ellie. "First stop is the grocery store. You wouldn't have any suggestions, would you?" She teased, "I may have a few." I giggled as we headed downstairs to her car. While she straps Ellie in her seat, I get in the passenger seat and wait for her. When she got in and we started heading to our first destination, I decided to ask a question: "Is Ellie her real name or a nickname?" I point left, and she turns, "Nickname, her full name is Elizabeth." I smile. "Cute name for a cute baby," she nods as she starts parking the car in front of the grocery store. "First is food, then bed stuff, and then home stuff. Like carpets and pictures, and maybe even flowers?" I smile before clearing my throat. "Hey Regina?" my voice slightly changes to a higher pitch, "yeah?" She asks, "You don't have to answer this, but..were you planning on breaking up with Wilson or leaving?" Initially, She did not expect the question and was hesitant but eventually answered. "I was planning on divorcing him, but the night I ran away was the night he took it too far. He got...aggressive...I had a dinner date plan, and we were heading to a nice restaurant to which I paid. I was going to ask him for a divorce. That was supposed to be today, but a few nights ago, I just left...I didn't wanna deal with him anymore." After every word I felt even more guilty for asking, I put my hand on hers and squeezed it slightly. "I'm..sorry," she shook her head. "It's fine." I nodded, and she smiled a little. "Let's head inside now, shall we?" I smiled as I nodded. "Yeah, let's go." I exited the car with her as she grabbed Ellie and headed inside.