The crash (G)

Regina
it was just past eight in the morning when I woke up. It was a sunny day outside, from what I could see. I saw my phone on the nightstand and decided to do something to cure my boredom for now. I went to my messages to see that I still have 648 unread messages, so I thought I might as well skim through them until Ellie and Amanda visit. Well, that's if they are. Some of them were from spam, some from friends, a few from family, and a lot of them were from the group chat at my work. if I had to put the chats in percentage, I'd round to 5% spam, 15% friends, 10% family, and 70% group chat. I went to see what the hell people were arguing about or what had happened only to see Hope you doing well @Regina_Linster_is.da.best. I smirked at my user but rolled my eyes at the chats, I hated pity as much as I love attention. But at least people saw that I was hit by a truck, which would be a funny story. I had spent my time looking around on my phone and reading lame emails and messages before a knock on the door, "come in," I answered before sitting up. I was expecting Amanda and Ellie, but Wilson walked through the door and up to me. "The hell," I mumbled as I watched him. it was clear he was drunk by the way he swayed and the empty bottle in his hand, not to mention the drunken expression on his face. "Wilson, you said you stopped drinking! you have the nerve to come here after saying you've been sober-" he interrupted me with a harsh slap in the face. "That's for the fact that you left me and took Ellie with you," he slurred through most of it, I knew he was a mean drunk, and I knew this was only going to escalate so I pressed the button the wall for a nurse as he continues to argue with me. "Leave if you have to, but don't take poor Ellie! speaking of where the hell is that girl!" he spun around, looking for Ellie, who wasn't even there. The door opened, and a nurse walked through and saw Wilson's drunken state before calling security. "Woah hey! I'm just here for my daughter!" he spat out before smashing the bottle on the counter, causing it to break into a weapon like in a movie where there's a bar fight. "I know you have her! Where is she!" he pointed the weapon at the nurse before at me. He repeated himself only louder before security came in and arrested him. They took him away and the nurse cleaned up the glass on the floor and bedside table where my phone was charging earlier. "You alright?" the nurse asked me "Fine, I'm fine" I answered as I locked eyes with the door. It was a little past nine, and I was wondering if the two were even coming. When the nurse finished, she left, and I was alone again; I wouldn't lie. Even though I acted like I didn't care, I was a bit nervous. I mean, I had moved because of him, and now he's tracked me down for what? to do the same shit he did back in Canada all these years ago? The door opened, and the two walked in with a smile, "Mommy!" Ellie cheered as she hugged me "Hi, baby!" I laughed as I picked her up and sat her down on my lap to hug her back "Morning, Amanda," I looked up at her with a smile. "Morning Regina," she looked at Ellie before back at me, "what happened with Wilson? He just left with security?" I shook my head before putting my hands on Ellie's ears so she wouldn't listen. "He got dunked, to no surprise and came in looking for Ellie. He got aggressive and broke the bottle he had and tried to use it as a weapon" Amanda pressed her lips together and shook her head "Are you okay at least? Did he hurt you?" She eyed me down to see if I was hurt, but I just shook my head "No, no I'm okay." I smiled a little, and she nodded "Good" she responded, "You wanna take a seat?" I pointed to the chair next to me, but she shook her head "I actually can't stay long, It just felt wrong leaving Ellie with Jacob instead of his mother. I promised one of my nieces that I'd help her find a good book for her book report on Monday." I smiled and nodded. "Well, I know she's in good hands if you help her find a good book. It better not be something like the Harry Potter trilogy, though, not unless the deadline is like four months Monday later," she laughed a bit "oh that would be perfect" I smiled as she kissed Ellie's head "see you later sunshine" she waved goodbye to Ellie and me before leaving.