Chapter 13

I was in my room unpacking the bags I had brought to New York. I had one Bluetooth headphone in my left ear listening to music. I threw most of the clothes into a pile on the floor. I wasn't really paying attention until I grabbed the white top I wore to the club.

As soon as I saw it in my hands the image of Emelia with her hands in my hair and her lips on mine invaded my brain.

I sat down on my bed and stared at the shirt for a moment. I know it was wrong to kiss her...... but if I could go back, I wouldn't change a thing about it. In that moment, nothing mattered but her and I. It was the best kiss I've ever had. It felt like she needed the kiss as much as I did.

The thought alone sent my heart beating faster and I smiled to myself.

Then a darker thought crossed my mind....... Did she kiss Kelly like that? Did she kiss Jessica like that?

My mind whirled with the possibility that I was not even remotely special to Emelia and I felt like throwing up.

What if it's all passion and no emotion for her. Am I a even bigger fool than I thought?

I stared at the top a little longer then threw it into the pile with the rest of the clothes.

No.

I refuse to believe that Emelia doesn't feel Something for me.

I stood up and emptied out the rest of my bag onto my bed. Then began packing more clothes into it for The trip with my father.

I still can't believe he actually took time off. My father hasn't had time for me since I went to boarding school.

I don't hold it against him. He's a very busy man. That's not me saying it hasn't sucked. But it's not just his fault. He was kinda a mess after my mother left him........ left us. She took a huge settlement in exchange for her parental rights. She hasn't asked to see me since I was 12........

Anyways, father really dove into his work. That's when he started investing more and he went from a millionaire to a billionaire in a relatively short time.

I'm very proud of the empire he's built. He's a good dad too......... when he's around. That's why when he asked me to come home for the summer to spend time with him I was so shocked.

I have seen my father more times in the last month than I've seen him all year, and now he wants me to go on vacation with him.

It all seems really weird but I'm not going to question it. I really don't think he understands how much it means to me that he put aside time for me.

There was a knock at the door and it pulled me out of my thoughts.

I walked over and opened it to find Emelia outside my door.

"Hey Em, what's up?" I questioned taking my headphone out of my ear.

"Hi........Your father asked me to let you know the flight leaves at 10 AM tomorrow."

"Uh great..... thank you."

She didn't make any movements to leave. She just stood there shifting her feet a little.

"Something else?" I opened the door wider.

"I wanted to say thank you...... for helping me stay calm on the plane." She said quickly.

"Of course. I'll always be here for you Emelia........ that's what friends are for." 

"Well I know things are complicated. You have every right to not want to be my friend." My face turned serious at her words.