CHAPTER 14

KARLIE

I was in completely shock when I saw Taylor walking up the stage. I hoped that she didn't see me but she looked me right into my eyes from the place she stand. It was already hard seeing her in class, every single time I had to force myself to not cry during her class but every time her lesson was over I immediately got into the bathroom and broke down in tears. I never thought hurt like this even exists but I got totally proven wrong. And now, seeing her on stage and singing will probably lead me to a sleepless night filled with crying again. I was exhausted. I didn't sleep the past week for more than 3-4 hours a day and the rest of my time I spent struggling with my tears and avoiding my family and friends. Everyone asked me what was wrong but luckily I could persuade them that I was only being sick and till then I faked my smiles and my mood in front of everyone, so no one could see me dying inside. Taylor was standing on stage with a few members of the music club that held their instruments and then started playing.

...

Because the last time you saw me

Is still burned in the back of your mind

You gave me roses, and I left them there to die

So this is me swallowing my pride

Standing in front of you, saying I'm sorry for that night

And I go back to December all the time

It turns out freedom ain't nothing but missing you

Wishing I'd realized what I had when you were mine

I go back to December, turn around and make it alright

I go back to December all the time

...

And then the cold came, the dark days

When fear crept into my mind

You gave me all your love, and all I gave you was goodbye

...

I miss your tan skin, your sweet smile

So good to me, so right

And how you held me in your arms that September night

The first time you ever saw me cry

Maybe this is wishful thinking

Probably mindless dreaming

But if we loved again, I swear I'd love you right

I'd go back in time and change it, but I can't

So if the chain is on your door, I understand

...

During the whole song Taylor and I kept eye contact and when it was over I got out of the cheering crowd and walked as fast as I can into the empty bathroom. I once again got into a stall and the familiar crying started again. 'Why does she do this to me?' I asked myself while tears streemed down my face. I sat on the bathroom floor and sobbed into my knees when I heard the beautiful voice again that made me smile hundreds of times but also broke my heart into a million of pieces.

"Karlie? Is it you?" She asked and lightly knocked on the door of the stall. I stayed quite and hoped she would walk away. "Karlie please open the door, please" She continued and by the last word her voice broke and I could hear her cry too. Even though she broke my heart, I couldn't see her hurt. I honestly thought that the whole situation didn't affect her that much because she chose Behati and that showed me that she loved Behati and not me.

"Please go away Taylor" I said while crying.

"I won't go away until you open the door Karlie. Please open the door" She begged. I stood up and slowly opened the door just to see tears falling down her face. I probably looked terrible because when she saw my face she started crying even more and buried her face in her hands. "I'm so sorry Karlie. I'm so deeply sorry" She sobbed in her hands. I couldn't see her like this. I couldn't see her cry, so I took her arm and pulled her into the stall with me and locked the door. She still had her face in her hands and cried and I couldn't stop myself from taking her into my arms. I placed my arms around her and she placed her head onto my shoulders and still cried.

"I'm..so..sorry" She said again and we both stood there hugging each other and cried. After we stayed like this for a while she looked up from my shoulders and we stared into each others eyes before I leaned in and brushed my lips softly onto hers. She cupped my face into her hands and responded to my kiss. I know I wanted to move on from her but I just couldn't. I once read that when you can't get someone out of your head, maybe there's a reason they're there and I knew that this between Taylor and me was not an ordinary love. She slowly pulled away and I felt my heart sinking again.

"Please don't leave me again" I begged and I felt tears coming up again.

"I wont't. But I have to go now, I need to go back to the event but Kar?"

I looked up.

"Come to my apartment tonight okay? We need to talk"

"Okay" I answered.

"Okay" She answered. She kissed me on my cheek and walked out of the stall. She checked herself in the mirror and then walked out of the bathroom. After over a week, I finally had a tiny smile on my lips again.

—————-

A/N

I hope you're all okay with my song choice. I looked for hours after songs which lyrics would be best for the story and I just couldn't get rid off this classic one. I'm open for ideas, so tell me all of your ideas in the comments or message me!:)