Incompetent

You could hardly sleep due to the excitement, you've never been assigned a real mission. Your outfit for tomorrow was laid out next to you as you tried to sleep.

In the meanwhile, Scaramouche was aggressively washing his face before beginning his beauty sleep. Tomorrow is a special day, the two of you have a date~

When it was finally morning, He was waiting for you to pick him up by his tent. He was amused by your excited stride then noticed that you had worn regular Fatui uniform.

"I'm ready for our mission sir!"

A disappointed look displayed on his face before saying,
"This won't do."

Luckily for you, he thought, he prepared an outfit just in case. He then holds out the folded clothes toward you.

"What do you mean?"
you felt a flick on your forehead

"Do I have to spell everything out for you? We are going into the city so we should keep a low profile to avoid suspicion"

"Oh! I guess that makes sense"
Now allowing him to hand you the clothes.

He sighs
"Of course it does, What am I going to do to you."
isn't the phrase "with you"?

No longer wasting a single second, you went in to change. The clothes he prepared were a bit more fashionable than the uniform, they looked nice and would definitely help blend in with the others. Once you were ready the both of you headed out towards town.

You took this as an opportunity to prove yourself useful by taking the map and leading.

Then you heard his mocking voice,
"Are you sure you know how to use that?"

"Mhm! I'm much more capable than you seem to think my lord"

He smirks, "You want my validation that badly?"

You pause and turn back to him bringing your hand to your chin to think for a moment then looking him in the eyes

"Yes."

Somehow, he found himself feeling flustered by your rare confidence.

Upon reaching the entrance of the city you were both stopped by a millelith guard.

"State your business of entry"

Before coming up with a clever ruse, Scaramouche handed him a bag of mora and whispered incoherently.

"Ah, I see. Enjoy your time lovebirds"
The guard then winks at Scaramouche before taking the bribe.

"Whatever you said, it seemed very clever" You praise him once out of earshot from the guard

Scoffing at your praise he says,
"What do you take me for?"

"So are you going to tell me the details of this mission now?" You didn't like being left in the dark.

"Mission? Oh right."
his tone was rather dismissive

He never answers your question and simply drags you by the arm to a nearby booth, the initial tug causes you to nearly trip. At the booth there was a huge makeshift dragon and an old lady running the booth.