➝ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀᴜꜱᴛ

THE YOUNG MAN stood in the hallway with the Ant-Man suit on. His helmet was up and looked ahead as he began stretching his legs.

"In the right hands, the relationship between man and suit is symbiotic." Hank said from down the hall beside Hope. "The suit has power. The man harnesses that power. You need to be skillful, agile, and above all...you need to be fast."

"Fast?" Y/N asked. "I can be fast. I can definitely be fast."

"You should be able to shrink and grow..." Hank snapped his fingers. "On a dime. So your size always suits your needs."

Hope shut the door in front of them. Y/N lightly bounced in place as he prepared to act. Hank spoke from behind the door.

"Now dive through the keyhole, Y/N. You charge big, you dive small, then you emerge big."

Y/N took a breath and closed his helmet. He sprinted down the hall and toward the door, preparing to press the button on his glove and shrink down.

 He sprinted down the hall and toward the door, preparing to press the button on his glove and shrink down

He jumped and shrunk simultaneously, but miscalculated the time to grow back...where he crashed into the door.

"Ow!"

On the other side, Hope closed her eyes and shook her head in disappointment. It didn't help that trial after trial Y/N would fail and keep hitting the door.

"Ow!"

"Ow!"

"Ow!"

Hope looked at her father and sighed. "Useless."

Y/N and Hope were in the basement. He wore a faded green shirt and sweats while the older woman wore yoga pants and a workout top.

She was going to train the nineteen-year-old in combat. Hope also wanted to emphasize how different fighting would be while shrunk down.

"When you're small, energy's compressed, so you have the force of a 200-pound man behind a fist a 100th of an inch wide. You're like a bullet." She explained. "You punch too hard, you kill someone. Too soft, it's a love tap. In other words, you have to know how to punch."