Portkey

"Ok try to calm down"' said Theo, as he continued to walk desperately back and forth in the small flat. 

He had catapulted at his friend's Manor, and without giving him time to ask questions, had dragged him into the fireplace and back into Hermione's flat. He needed his watchful, attentive eye to gather as many clues as possible as to what might have happened and where Hermione might have ended up. 

But Theo didn't want to listen, and didn't want to understand. 

He stopped, bringing a hand to his temple. The clock on the mantelpiece struck one in the morning. It had been three hours since he had managed to escape from his house, and he didn't know how many since Hermione had disappeared. Four? Maybe five? 

He inhaled deeply, rubbed his eyes, and then finally looked at Theo. "You know I'm right too." 

"Yes. Ok, you're right, is this what you want to hear?"

"N-no," he let his arms go along his sides. "I want to find her."

"Let's not assume the worst right away. She could be at the Weasleys', or with Potter."

"And she'd go there without her wand?"

"What if they had an emergency and came for her suddenly?"

Draco bit the inside of his cheek, venting his nervousness against it until the metallic taste of blood filled his mouth. 

"Something's not right." 

Theo brought a hand to his hair, and without answering him he began to examine the room again, pacing back and forth. He reached the window, flipping through the mail on the windowsill once more. "This is where you found the wand, right?"

The blond nodded, "On the floor, though."

He stood watching as Theo knelt down, picking up a plain brown paper from the ground. 

He had ignored it when he had picked up the wand, but now that his friend's eyes were scanning it he paid attention to his expression, holding his breath. 

"Hermione got a package." 

"Huh?"

"She received a package," Theo repeated again, punctuating the words as if he were talking to a child. "This is wrapping paper." 

He leaned closer, holding back the instinct to snatch it from his hands. "Does it say who sent it?"

Theo turned it over in his hands, then shook his head. "That's strange, not even a seal."

"So we have nothing."

"It's not nothing," Theo sighed, and his expression looked worried. "We need to figure out who could have sent her a package at this hour, and why." 

"And why does it matter?" 

"Don't you get it?" blurted the young man. "Hermione disappeared into thin air, leaving her wand behind." 

Draco waited, his heart in his throat. He thought he understood the direction in which Theo's speech was going, yet he prayed within himself that it wasn't that.

"There was a portkey in here."

Half an hour later, Theo and Draco stood in front of number 12 Grimmauld Place, knocking frantically on the door. Draco didn't allow himself to think about the fact that that house had once belonged to his family, nor did he care about the centuries of history enclosed within those walls as he continued to wear down that doorbell with the force of his finger. 

After a couple of minutes, which stretched out like an eternity, they heard footsteps behind the door, and a sleepy Harry Potter stood on the threshold. He opened his mouth wide, peering at the two boys, and Draco didn't give his still-asleep brain time to ask what they were doing there.