Friday

[Y/n's POV]  NSFW WARNING FOR THIS CHAPTER

I woke up at 7:30 AM, realising I overslept like when I was a kid. What the fuck was happening to me? I quickly got up and grabbed the first thing I saw on the closet, running to the shower. It was 7:55AM when I finished. Fuck, I was extra late. I got all my things ready and grabbed my phone. I had at least 7 messages from Toby asking me if I was okay but I decided I'll answer once I got to school.

I opened the door just to see him passing by. "Holly shit hi, are you ok?" He looked worried, maybe I scared him. "I'm sorry, I overslept, I'm very late and-" "I can drive you, don't worry cutie" "thanks..." I said almost whispering. Why the hell did he appear out of nowhere when I needed it?. We got in his car and he got to the school just a few minutes before I had to enter. I wanted to give him a big hug, he was always saving me.

I stared at Toby in silence, looking at his face. I realised I had never looked at him from this distance - not too close not too far. He was cute, I definitely started to like him more than I thought I did. I noticed the bell rang, that meant I had to start going to class. I said goodbye to him, but it didn't feel enough after all he did for me in just a few days. So I got bold again, and gave him a quick peek on the lips, running out of the car as fast as I could.

Once in class, I couldn't get myself to even try to understand what was being explained. All I could think was why the fuck I did that. I suddenly got a message from Toby. "I have "evening" shift today so maybe we can meet at night for a while? Sorry I can't spend the evening with you". Was he gonna act like it didn't happen? <<you fucked up.>>  "Oh, that's fine-" <<looks like u lost him>> "-maybe we can get something for dinner?" I said, trying to remind myself the voices weren't real.

In the end, he agreed to have dinner at my house and somehow also convinced me to stay the night here. I was nervous as hell, I never had a boy over at night. Specially one I liked this much.

Both the morning and evening went slowly. It was 6PM and he agreed to come home by 9 so he could shower and get his things ready. We were going to order takeout so starting to cook wasn't an option, either. I decided to play some minecraft and try to call my best friend, luckily she wouldn't have classes. It's been long since we talked, she lived three hours away. We met at college but I dropped out after a few months because of my mental health, so FaceTime was the only way to hang out.

In the end, she picked up and we talked for the three hours straight as I built my base. I told her about Toby and school and she told me about a few guys and also about our friends.
At 9:06, we both heard someone ringing on my doorbell. "GIRL ITS HIM!!" My best friend shouted "GO OPEN THE DOOR FOR HIM, GOOD LUCK, USE PROTECTION!!" I blushed, was that  going to happen? "Shut up shut up!! I'll tell you the details tomorrow!" I said, hanging up and running to the door.

He entered and hugged me, closing the door behind him. "Long day?" I asked, noticing he looked tired. "Pretty much, today's target was fucking horrible" "target?" I asked, realising he never told me about his job. "Oh I..." he stuttered a little, as if he suddenly realised he said something wrong. "Yeah, I work for a plague exterminator...sometimes those animals are hard to kill...sorry, I'm just kinda tired". He hugged me tighter, just to release me to drop his stuff on my room, making me feel cold without his touch.

After we ordered food and had dinner, we went to bed to watch a movie. It was an horror movie, as it turns out we both love them. It's also a good excuse to get closer to him, because jumpscares freaked me out  a lot.
We were into 45 minutes of the movie and I was already sitting in between his legs, him hugging me from behind so I could feel safe. But it wasn't working, this movie had way too many jumpscares and all I could think about was hide. In the end, I stopped facing the TV and I hid in his chest. He made me feel relaxed and safe.