Sunday

[Y/n's POV]

The trees blocked all the moonlight, and everything was pitch dark. I couldn't see where we were heading to, I couldn't see anything besides everything moving around, fast. We were running, but running from who? How did we get in the woods in the first place? Toby -or at least I think it was him- was holding my hand, guiding me through the forest.

I couldn't think. I felt his hand lose his grip on mine, and suddenly he disappeared. I was left alone in the middle of the dark, with something potentially trying to end me. I tried to run again, but I couldn't. And then I felt it. Big, cold, sharp blade-like hands gripped me from behind. I could feel them digging into my skin. I could feel the pain.

Even the blood, as I looked down, witnessing how my own flesh was being torn apart by those claws. I tried to scream for help. I tried to scream for Toby. But he wasn't there anymore. He left, without me. He abandoned me. I was alone, again. And I was going to die. Alone.

I woke up, screaming and gasping for air. I quickly sat down on the bed, tears streaming down my face while I turned on the light. I touched my torso in horror as I could still feel the pain of being torn apart. It's been a while since I got a nightmare this bad, I thought I've gotten  rid of them already.

As I started hyperventilating faster, I noticed something moving at my side. It made me freak out even more, I was too scared to remember Toby was sleeping with me. He sat by my side, still half asleep, trying to process what was going on. "Princess what's wrong?" He tried to put an arm around me, but I flinched. I couldn't shake the feeling of him leaving me alone to die.

I instinctively covered my face with my arms, as if I was going to get hit. I was shaking, waiting to get punched. "Hey, it's okay, it's me" I heard him say, still unsure if he could approach me. "Can I get closer? I won't hurt you I promise". I looked at him from the gap between my arms. He was...worried?

As much as I tried to fight back the urge to run and hid in the bathroom, I nodded. He wouldn't hurt me right? I felt him carefully moving closer to me, trying to not scare me. "Princess, it's okay, I'm going to hug you, is that okay?".  That was the first time someone cared for how I felt or about what I wanted, and it made me relax a bit.

I nodded again, still unable to speak. Toby put his arm around my back, and the other one on my shoulder, giving me some rubs with his thumb. I felt my heart pounding inside my chest so hard I feared it might get out. He pulled me tight against his chest, and I felt safe for once.

But relaxing made me cry again as I hugged him back, trying to not have a massive breakdown over a stupid nightmare. "It's okay" he said, as he stroked my hair "you're safe, I'm here, was that a bad dream?" I again nodded, sobbing into his shoulder, as he pulled me as close as he could.

"Do you need something? Water? Do you want to talk about it?" I shook my head "don't leave me please". That's all I could mutter, I was still panicking. "I won't princess, I'm here. Let's lay down again, I promise I won't let you go" I sighed, trying to agree.

We laid down and he hugged me, putting his arms inside my shirt. Being able to feel his touch was so calming it just seemed like a cruel joke. I really liked him, and I was doomed for it. I put my hands on his back, hugging him too.  And I don't know when, but we fell asleep again. And it was peaceful. He really had something that could ease every bit of my soul.

That was the first time I could go back to sleep after a bad nightmare. I lazily opened my eyes, not knowing for how much I slept, as I realised Toby was still holding me. I blushed a little bit as I remember what happened last night. I surely felt stupid, but also glad he made me feel so safe. I noticed his hand leaving my back and pulling out of my shirt, just to reach the top of my head.