19 | For Catra

(On Adora's ship)

"Guys!" Entrapta said. Bow and Adora looked up at her. For the past few hours, they've all been searching through planets to see if they could find the fuel crystals they needed. And Entrapta finally found them.

"Did you find it?" Bow asked as he and Adora made their way over to her. Entrapta nodded. "The planet is not that far from us," she replied. "Great. Set a course. I'll go find Glimmer and Y/N," Adora said then walked off.

It didn't take long for Adora to find Glimmer. She was in the storage room looking through the rations. "Do you think these are expired?" she asked Adora as she walked in. Adora began to wonder how Glimmer had heard her come in. "Uh, I'm not sure. I haven't really gone through all these stuff," Adora replied while picking up a packet of mushed food. "Mashed potatoes?" she read.

Glimmer turned to see the packet of food in Adora's hands. "Seems good, I think?" she said. "I'm just looking for a small snack. When we get back to Etheria... I mean if we do, I'll cook us a proper meal." Adora sighed. She completely forgot how long it's been since Glimmer has been on Etheria. She must miss it so much.

"Don't worry. I promise I'll bring you home. No matter what," Adora promised. "And what about Y/N? Etheria isn't even her real home," Glimmer reminded her. "But it could be? I'm not sure what happened to her old home, but Etheria could be like her new one," Adora replied. Glimmer turned away.

Could they really just bring Y/N to their planet and expect her to love it? Expect her to call it her home? Would she go to Etheria if Catra came with them?

"Don't worry Glimmer. We'll figure something out," Adora said with a soft smile. Although Glimmer nodded, she wasn't so sure. "Anyways, Entrapta found a planet with the fuel crystals we need. We're heading there now. I just want to let you and—" Adora eyed the room, "Wait, where's Y/N?" Glimmer shrugged. "I left her behind to get food. She's somewhere on the ship... I think," she replied unsure.

Adora groaned. Y/N could be anywhere on the ship and Adora would probably never find her. She hasn't even seen the whole ship yet. Glimmer chuckled, "I'll help. Let's go."

Glimmer took Adora's arm and left the storage room. They weren't searching for long before they heard soft cries from a room. "You're hearing that too, right?" Adora whispered. Without replying, Glimmer slowly pushed open the door. There Y/N was, holding her knees up to her chin and covering her face. Glimmer looked back at Adora who shrugged.

"Y/N?" Glimmer said. The girl jumped, surprised and quickly stood up. She wiped her tears and smiled. "Sorry, do you guys need this room?" she asked. Adora looked around. It seemed to be some type of weapons room. There were spears, swords and arrows all around. Some looked worn out and were covered in rust.

"It's not like we could use any of these stuff," Adora said as she ran her fingers down a sword. "We were just looking for you, are you okay?" Glimmer asked. "Y-yeah, I'm fine," Y/N replied. Glimmer walked closer to her.

"Is it about Catra? It seemed like something happened between you two before we... before she helped us escape," Glimmer said. Y/N hung her head. She mumbled something under her breath. "I don't understand," Glimmer replied after somehow hearing her. "It was supposed to be me!" she yelled. Adora widened her eyes. She didn't think Y/N was someone to yell.

"I don't understand," Adora said turning to Glimmer for context. Glimmer turned to her. "I think she means that she was supposed to be the one to save us, not Catra," she said. Y/N continued.

"We both agreed that we were going to save Glimmer no matter what. But we never agreed that Catra was going to be left behind. I promised that I'd save her. Now she's gone! And it's all my fault..." Adora's eyes felt heavy with tears. The three of them were silent, remembering their last good memories with Catra.

Adora's was before the war. Before she joined the rebellion. When the two... partly respected each other, never truly hating each other.

Glimmer's was probably on Horde Prime's ship when she truly got to know Catra. Of course it wasn't like Catra had told her anything personal. But Glimmer has never been near her long enough to know the person she truly is.

Y/N didn't know Catra long but she felt that she understood her more than anyone. How she acted towards certain situations and even the way she acted towards people. Even her constant fear that if she didn't push people away, they'd get hurt.

"I miss her," Y/N said. Glimmer nodded. Y/N was probably Adora's best bet at stopping Horde Prime once and for all. And how is she going to help them if she's like this? So Adora decided to sympathize with her.

"Look, I don't know what your relationship with Catra is or was, but I have a gut feeling that she misses you too," Adora said. Y/N raised her brow. Where is this all coming from?

"Where are you going with this Adora?" Glimmer asked, knowing Adora's weird ideas of sympathizing with people to get what she wants. "I'm just trying to— you know...Glimmer help me out here!" Adora replied. Even though Adora looked like she was about to beg, Glimmer stayed silent.

Y/N noticed the awkward tension and cleared her throat. She wiped her tears and put and huge smile on her face. Adora looked over at Glimmer with wide eyes.

"Catra would want me to be strong, so I'll be strong... for Catra," Y/N said. Glimmer smiled. "For Catra," she repeated. Y/N looked at Adora. Adora tried to hold back her cocky smile but it didn't work out. "I'll destroy Horde Prime... for Catra," she said. The two princesses smiled at the blonde who smiled back.

In the end, they were all hoping that Catra would be still alive and well when they went to rescue her. If not, this whole talk would have been a waste of time. A real depressing waste of time.

Word count -> 1075

It's been a whole month since I've posted a chapter... sorry about that! I actually made this chapter like two weeks ago but I forgot to post it. Anyways, have a good day/night!