23 | New Alliances

(With Bow and Glimmer)

"Hold on, I hear voices," Bow said after a while of silence. Glimmer stopped walking close behind him. She had finally let him take the lead. She would pretend to be weak for his sake. So he could finally breathe. So he would know she was safe.

"Is it Y/N and Adora?" she asked as a hopeful expression began to form in her eyes. Bow look towards her and shook his head slowly. Glimmer furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. If Bow wasn't hearing Y/N and Adora talking, who was he hearing?

Bow slowly put his tracker pad away and took out his bow and arrow. "Stay behind me," I said firmly, not facing Glimmer but to her. Glimmer nodded her head and took a step closer to him.

The two of them cautiously walked towards the source of the voices. Bow slowly held up his Bow and Arrow as they slowly walked into the opening. Glimmer held up her fists defensively. She was prepared for anything. But then Bow froze. His bow and arrow dropped to his side. Glimmer raised her eyebrow in confusion.

"What is it?– AHH!" Suddenly, a roll of bread was launched in Glimmer's direction. Luckily, Bow blocked it before it could reach her face. Glimmer moved to stand next to Bow. She had to know who had the nerve to throw a– oh, it's Adora.

Adora was already looking in Glimmer's direction with wide eyes. Under her was Y/N who was being pinned to the ground, hands filled with small buns of bread. Bow was too confused to even speak. Especially by the fact that there were three other people in the room, all looking at him.

"Bow, Glimmer! You guys are okay!" Adora said, breaking the silence. She stood up, her grip on Y/N's arm tightening so she couldn't leave. Bow put his bow and arrow back in its hilt and slowly approached Adora. Glimmer was close behind him.

Y/N grumbled in annoyance, and Adora glanced towards her, her eyes narrowing into a glare. She raised an eyebrow as if daring Y/N to disobey. The princess finally sighed and dropped the buns of breads to the ground. Adora nodded in approval and let go of her hand.

"What was that all about?" Glimmer asked, glancing towards Y/N with slight concern. Y/N sighed as a sheepish smile covered her face. "Adora and I got into a... small disagreement. And we ended up throwing bread buns at each other," Y/N explained and chuckled. Bow looked quite skeptical of her explanation but said nothing more.

"And... who are these guys? No offense," Bow asked, gesturing to the other three people in the room. Adora widened her eyes before smiling. "This is Jewelstar, Tallstar, and Starla," Adora replied. "They've been in this cave for some time, and they're also looking for the fuel crystals." Prior to Adora and Y/N's... squabble, the three star siblings had finally introduced themselves after starting to feel more comfortable.

"Ah, nice to meet you all," Bow said, flashing a small smile. Starla was the only one to smile back. Once she saw her sibling's stone-cold faces, her smile quickly faded.

"Well, now that we're all here..." Adora slowly trailed off as her eyes landed on Y/N. The look on her face was worry. Adora slowly reached out her hand towards her. "Everything okay?" she asked, even though she was well aware what was wrong. Y/N was missing Catra.

Y/N sighed and nodded her head. All the attention was suddenly on her, and she quickly spoke, so the topic could be changed.

"We should go get the fuel crystal now." Adora's hand slowly pulled away once she realized that Y/N didn't want to be the center of attention. She would ask her about it later when they were alone.

"Those earthquakes will get worse, she's right," Tallstar said with a determined expression. His younger sister, Starla, snorted at his formality. "Let's get going then, yeah?" she said, and she called to her bird. The rest of them nodded and began to exit the clearing.