Chapter 7

Bella's POV

"Are you excited to go to school, honey?" Ma'am Lea asked Issah while she is driving the car. Issah giggled loudly.

"Yes, mommy! Super!" She loudly answered.

I just rested my head tiredly on the window of the car and tightly closed my eyes. It's been two months already. I thought she will just be staying here with us for temporary but I guess she will be staying with Mommy permanently.

What's worst is that mas napalapit pa siya kay mommy these passed few months na magkasama sila. They're so close together.

I always see them laughing, hugging and even teasing each other, para ngang mas siya pa ang anak sa amin eh. I can see the way how mom's treat her. Masama ba ako kapag sinabi kong naiingit ako?

Looks like mommy already forgot who's her real daughter here. I should be on Issah's position. I should be beside mommy. I should be the one who she's hugging, she's taking care of and the one who's listening about mommy's whereabouts in life as she is so excited as well to hear all my clichè topics. Not this. That I'm craving too much for my mother's attention.

I'm her real daughter, but I'm begging for her attention. Sometimes I can't help to think. What if I'm on Issah's position? Na ako iyong hindi niya anak. Mamahalin niya kaya ako kapag hindi niya na ako kadugo? Blood is not really that thicker than water kasi sa totoo lang, kung sino pa iyong hindi mo kamag-anak iyon pa tutulong sayo kasi iyong iba, mas mahal pa nila iyong hindi nila kaaano-ano kaysa sa sarili nilang kadugo. We can never deny that fact.

Mommy even went to an interview last month with Issah, clarifying their relationship to everyone. Dahil marami ng speculation and rumors na nakaabot lang daw ng semi-finals si Issah dahil ginusto 'yun ni mommy.

But at the end, alam naman ng lahat that within issah's talent and goodness in singing, wala talagang imposible na makaabot siya ng semi finals sa the voice kids.

Mommy also clarified things about helping issah, having no home and family.

Kaya imbis na batuhin ng batikos, mas lalong bumango ang pangalan ng mommy ko.

She deserved that, I guess...

Tumunghay ako at nag angat ng tingin ng bigla akong tawagin ni Issah.

"Will you adjust the air-con?" She command me politely, I just gave her a faint smile and did what she said although I guess I click the wrong button.

"Not that one, you should slide your hand and click the gray one." I creased my forehead when she instructed me.

I looked at her curiously.

"wow. Do you know how to manage this?" I asked her quiet shock and amazed. Her eyes widened, but ma'am Lea just rolled her eyes.

"Of course she knows how. She's not stupid like you, Bell." Ma'am Lea said nonchalantly. Something pinch my heart that I just remain silent and avoid her gazes at me, and adjusted the air-cone.

Nag tataka lang naman ako eh. She lives in the squatter area, and said, she is just a beggar so how could a beggar know how to manage the air-condition of the car? I'm not judgmental but- I jusy shrugged my shoulder off, baka tinuruan lang siya ni mommy. They're always together, that is not impossible.

When mommy stop the car, I immediately went out at pinag buksan si Issah. This is my job here. Just a "maid"

"Take care love, sunduin kita mamaya." I diverted my gaze to somewhere when mommy kiss Issah's cheeks.

Bakit ganito? Simpleng haplos lang sa kanya ni mommy, parang may nakatarak na punyal sa dibdib ko. Nahihirapan ako.

Hirap na hirap na ako mommy.