Chapter 12

I decide to confront Jason. This was just too good to be true, because all guys are lying cheaters. This time, though, I am not gonna let it get to me, I am an independent woman. So, I stand straight, compose myself and walk up to the dancing couple. I push the girl away and look at Jason straight in his eyes. A look I cannot even describe crosses his face. Then after a good 10 seconds of staring, I kiss him. He tries to kiss me back, thinking I forgave him, but instead I pull away and tell him,

 "Have a nice date, Jason Stone." Then I turn my back on him and approach another boy. He's handsome, with dark brown hair and green eyes.

 "Do you wanna dance?" he asks me. I don't answer, I just wrap his arms around my waist, and place mine around his neck. So we dance. I look over my shoulder and see Jason staring at me. I just smirk at him. Give him a taste of his own medicine.

 After a while I look up and kiss The Boy. And I don't even know his name! HAH! Take that, Jason! He kisses me back, and we don't stop. I'm so proud of myself, finally fighting for my heart.

 Suddenly Jason walks up to me and touches my shoulder. I pull away from The Boy and turn to look at Jason pointedly.

 "Lauren we need to talk," he says. The Boy looks at me, confused.

 "I'm sorry, do I know you?" I say to Jason, pretending that I don't.

 "I'm serious, Lauren," he literally drags me away. I keep up the act.

 "I'm calling the police, if you don't let go of me now, stranger," he sighs and kisses me. I pull away, then bitch slap him. He deserves it.

 "What's your problem? You tell me you like me, take me to prom, and then dance with another girl? I will not take this crap anymore! And if you think that I'll just forgive you, then think again!" I shout and run out of the place. But not before getting The Boy's number.

 At 10pm, I get a text from Jason.

She was my ex, Cassandra. I promise nothing happened. She wants me back, but I want you. Not her.Are we okay?Jason <3

 I'm pretty sure I just stopped breathing for a bit. I want to trust him, but how can I? I answer him,

Jason,  I want to trust you, but how can I? I wish... Nevermind. I guess I'll see you around.

I don't wanna let him think that he can just do anything he wants and then get forgiven by me. Because he can't. But I still like him, I gotta admit. It's a hard life.

 Jason texts me again.

Look, Lauren, can I please explain what happened? I would love to see you, too. Can we meet? - Your very sorry boyfriend, Jason

I texted him back,

We can meet. Just don't come if you're scared about getting slapped.

And don't push this "boyfriend" thing.