Reminiscent- Post-Game Hurt/Comfort

Sitting amongst the rubble now, six months on, Shuichi isn't surprised that he's changed as much as he did. Kiibo had left the majority of the dormitories undamaged, so Shuichi and Maki had gone inside last week and salvaged their friends' more personal items: Kaito's jacket; Kaede's clips (one each); Kokichi's scarf; and some other things between them. Himiko had gone in herself today, leaving them with some alone time in the dark. Maki is the first to speak, Kaito's jacket draped across her shoulders. "You know, Shuichi, I've had some time to think lately. Probably too much." Maki says with a soft laugh. Shuichi turns to her, nodding. "Yeah... I think the fact that we got what we could from everyone's rooms that held value adds to that. Everyone's... gone. I'm now wondering whether they are  out there somewhere. Almost a reincarnation type thing." Shuichi agrees. He turns his head to the stars, smiling. "I like to think Kaito's out there somewhere, doing... whatever, I suppose. Helping people, maybe?"

"It is what he did best- or does, I guess."

Shuichi reaches for Maki's hand, and their fingers intertwine. "Maki, you, me, Himiko. We can get out of here together, trust me. We haven't left here, not since Monokuma and the Monokubs and... yeah, you get the idea. We could try and send for someone out there, if we can."

"Mhm... let's do it, together." Maki agrees, also turning to the stars above them.

"Nyeh... I couldn't find much. But- Shuichi? Maki? What are you doing?" Himiko calls, much to the others' amusement.

"Just reminiscing, Himi-chan, Just reminiscing."