𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

"Are you people just going to pick up every sketchy loser at every stop?" A girl whose name Landon previously discovered was Cassandra, questioned

Landon groaned rubbing her face with her hand.

"Picked you up, didn't we?" Landon questioned, her annoyance blatant, as she readjusted her hand on the wheel.

Though Cassandra had a point, a man; whose name she did not care to learn rode on the back of Roberta and Garnetts truck, he looked disgusting and sketchy.

Cassandra rolled her eyes, dramatically turning towards the backseat window.

Landon gazed through her peripherals, where she saw a small smirk on 10k's face.

"Jersey devil refinery." Doc spoke from behind her, his head popping through the two front seats.

Landon slowed the truck as she rounded a corner into the quiet industrial zone.

"You guys hear that?" Landon spoke, her finger pointing next to her ear.

Landon shifted the truck into park, sticking her head out of the window, where loud, rhythmic bangs could be heard.

Her eyes widened as she watched close to a hundred zombies making their way up the refineries staircase, towards whatever was making the banging noise.

The four stepped out of the truck and joined the rest of the group at the entrance of the gate, where Roberta and Garnett relayed the plan. 

A light tap on Landon's arm made her head turn.

10k stood next to Landon, slightly startling the girl; now that he stood directly beside her, she was really able to take in his features, the way his dark hair stuck out in random places, his eyes were a blue green color, she also noticed when her eyes met his, his pupils dilated, almost doubling in size.

10k nodded his head, adverting his gaze, motioning towards an alley way, gesturing for her to follow him.

The two made their way up to the top floor of a cement building, kneeling low so they could watch over the group from a higher level.

"What now?" Landon questioned the boy as she sat on the ledge, dangling her dirt covered boots.

"We wait."

"For what?" She turned her body so she was facing him.

10k stayed silent for a few moments, before he locked onto her newly healing wound.