nineteen: and so she left

"Remembering him comes in flashbacks and echoes"
________________________

There was nothing but emptiness.

Perhaps he was expecting too much for a one time thing.

It was clear that they were just living by the moment but a little part of him wished there was something more.

By the time he had woken up, she was already gone.

No messages, no notes, no nothing.

All there was left was the traces of her scent and feverish memories.

Was it a mistake?

It was a weekend which meant he still had another 2 days until he could see her.

Talk to her.

×××

As if it was the longest wait in his life, Monday finally arrived.

Walking into the classroom as per usual, he felt the emptiness once again.

She was no where to be seen.

What was going on?

"Sujin, where's Valentine?" Heeseung asked her friend who also happeened to be her deskmate.

"I'm not too sure. She hasn't replied to my message since Saturday." Sujin responded with a frown on her face. "How about you? Do you know what she's up to?"

"No. I don't know." He sighed before thinking back to the last time he had seen her.

"But she should be here right? Or else you may have to present yourself." Sujin reminded him about the major project that was due today.

She was right.

Valentine was the last person to risk getting a zero in an assignment that goes towards her report.

But as time went by, the more worried he got.

No he didn't care about him being affect by the project for he could always talk it out with the teachers, but he was concerned for her.

What if it was something big?

What if it was related to that night?

What if ... she regreted it?

Bounded by his train of thoughts, he was not paying attention to his surrounding anymore. Laying low on the desk, he used his arms as pillows as he stayed stilled.

"Earth to Heeseung?" A female voice spoke as she gently placed a hand on his shoulder.

A voice so sweet and melodious.

A voice so similar to hers.