05. angsty teens fight system

𝙱𝚁𝚄𝚃𝙰𝙻 005. ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ 𝙳𝙾𝙲𝚃𝙾𝚁 𝚆𝙷𝙾

 ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ 𝙳𝙾𝙲𝚃𝙾𝚁 𝚆𝙷𝙾

╭──╯. . 𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚜𝚝𝚢 𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗𝚜 𝚏𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚜𝚢𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚖 . .╰──╮

What would you do if you found out that your father is an alien?

Would you run away screaming?

Would you tell him?

Would you just throw yourself out a window because you begin to question your existence to the point where you just need your mind to quiet down just a little bit?

They're all incredibly valid reactions but, for Wren, her solution is simply not having one at all.
She's just going to ignore the fact that her father is an alien and that therefore makes her an alien and that she's with him on his alien spaceship.

Really, Wren thinks ignoring a problem is the best solution to every single one that she has, even if Maddy & Finn both disagree and keep trying to pressure her into dealing with her feelings (some good friends she has, huh?)

Listen, rationally she knows that, yes, she should deal with her feelings or at least make the decision on whether or not she wants to tell the Doctor about their.. relation, but when has Wren Mayari Sterling ever been rational?

So she is simply - for the time being - ignoring any and all problems that she has and is instead rewatching Friends and listening to copious amounts of Taylor Swift (the Doctor got them all phones from the year 2023 which means Wren can listen to music that doesn't even exist in her time. Wren is sure she has become a thousand times more insufferable because of this.)

The young girl sits at her desk, looking around her TARDIS bedroom. It was filled with all sorts of alien knickknacks and vintage earth pieces that weren't really around anymore, with purple walls and hardwood floors. There were a multitude of candles on almost every surface, all of them gifted with the scent of lavender. There was a vase filled with daisies and buttercups sat on her bedside table. Plants and fairy-lights hanging from the ceiling. All of it very 90s-Sabrina Spellman inspired.

Wren hears the TARDIS engines stir to life and places down the purple guitar she has seated on her lap. Pattering down the hallway, Wren brushes her fingers softly against the walls and she can hear the TARDIS hum, almost appreciatively, as she walks into the console room.

"1979. Hell of a year!" she hears the Doctor say as she comes to stand behind Finn, resting her head on his shoulder and smiling up at him and Maddy "China invades Vietnam. The Muppet Movie. Love that film. Margaret Thatcher, urgh. Skylab falls to Earth, with a little help from me. Nearly took off my thumb."