Chapter 33

"Is this couch uncomfortable? We can change that and get one according to your preference

"Is this couch uncomfortable? We can change that and get one according to your preference." The maid chimed as I twisted my body for the tenth time. 

"I think it's too comfortable." I said absently. She looked confused but I didn't bother to clarify her bafflement. It's not about the couch but my own inner turmoil that's making me restless. For a moment  I thought about explaining to her as I feel bad for an unknown reason but then I decided against it. I have more important things to do. Like finding out why Samrat didn't tell me he has a brother or the fact that how am I going to call on the number. He gave it to me yesterday. 

For a moment I thought about asking her for the phone. But I know she won't help me. Their loyalty lies with him, not me. 

"Thank you for the breakfast, Nandini. You can take it." 

"Sorry Mrs Dhanrajgir but you have finished it. It's Master's Order." I close my eyes in irritation.My blood boils whenever I hear his words 'Order'. I feel like setting this house, Vikram, myself on fire, but unfortunately I can't do that.

"I have eaten enough. I don't eat much." 

She looked hesitant for a good minute but then proceeded to pick up the plates and put them in his serving trolley one by one. I sigh in relief. Only I know with what difficulty I swallowed these few morsels. 

When your luck is bad, there are difficulties from earth to sky and currently, this sentence fits perfectly in my situation. Today I asked for Martha's help, well more like I begged her to give me her phone so I can call either Maa or Rishi. But she clearly told me that she can't help me. And even requested me never to ask her for help again. Her utterances angered me, I thought she was on my side, she was so sweet and helpful.

However, sitting here alone in this beautiful sunroom. I realize that she is also an employee. Vikram can easily fire her or maybe do something vicious if he finds out she helped me. 

I sighed, glancing at the food as Nandini carefully placed everything back on the serving cart. Each and everything looked so delicious, but I have no appetite, rather my mind is more focused on my family.

I miss them, since my mother's health has fallen and I took the responsibility for our house. I never give them much time. I was so busy earning and providing them with everything, that I forgot with money she needs a daughter too. Rishi and I used to chat and fight the whole day. But now we rarely argue, it's like we grew up too early. 

As the time is passing, dangers and troubles are increasing.

And after what happened last night, my worries have reached the sky. With all the mystery and tension it's like a storm inside my head. There is no end in sight to this hardship.  Every day I am getting more and more stuck in it.

A knock on my door caught my attention. "Come in." Another maid whose name I don't know entered the Room.

"Mrs Meera Dewaan is here to meet you." For a moment my brows knit together. I don't recall her name. But suddenly something clicked. "Please send her inside. Why is she waiting outside?"