Murder Drones - Episode 2

A/N: I am dying inside. But this wasn't revised too heavily. For the most part. Though this is likely to be shelved after the next chapter comes out because going back to revise everything with every new episode is kind of a pain to do. But since I started on Episode 3 reaction, might as well get that done and I'll think of what I'll do after that... because with how more lore and background is revealed, it kind of negates some reactions and some expanding upon the character's personalities is leaving me with needing to predict some things and often, yeah... doesn't turn out right to me.

==========================================================

While most of the worker drones went to, think about everything they just saw, certain individuals like Uzi and SD-N went to work on a new railgun, after a short game of rummy. SD-V would just, be bored, but wished to try out the C-Sim (Combat Simulation) Facility. So they just, let her let loose some pent up want of killing on some practice robots. Those poor droids. SD-J would remain, under supervision but permitted free roam. For now, let us focus on the main trio of the show.

=[In The Factory Section of the Building, Sometime Later]=

After playing a nice little game of gin rummy, SD-N's moral has been considerably higher. Uzi was left a bit grumpy after that, she did not expect N to be that good at the game. So he's having a little payback by having N grab the parts and tools for her.

"N, go get the screwdriver over there on the shelves." Uzi doesn't look away from her project, the railgun is coming together, though it's going to be slightly different in physical design, it will have more versatility in firing modes and a built in coolant system for faster reload cycle. Now she just needs to put the pieces together, which involves putting in these small rods that are just intended to keep the thing together, and allow for quick maintenance in the field.

"Okay!" SD-N looks over at the dozens of screwdrivers of varying sizes on the shelves besides the workbench, "Uh..." he's left confused and gazes at the sizes, "There's a lot of screwdrivers Uzi! Which one do you need?"

"The smallest one." adds Uzi.

"Uh..." SD-N only sees this narrows it down to 20% of the screwdrivers arranged on the shelf, "You're going to have to be more specific than that Uzi."

Uzi sighs, taking a deep breath, "Just grab the smallest one with the red handle." not everyone's a mechanical genius robot like her who knows everything magically.

SD-N does just that and Uzi takes up one, and processes to use the back of the handle to set the pins into place. Why they are not screws is simple, so she can take it apart easily to fix or do maintenance. Screwing the gun together would only make it difficult to take apart later and Uzi feels like she might have to might further mods in the future.

The railgun retains its classic purple color, with the sticker of a skull on the side. However the design is somewhat modified with a barrel having several modes and modification to the barrel, to have a proper grip, an outer layer with multiple holes as to allow air circulation to somewhat cool the barrel. Though adding a coolant system inside, was far more difficult but worth it in the end. Now it only takes ten minutes till it can be used again after using "BFG" mode.

Alf walks into the room, "So, how are things going?"

Uzi flips the wrench in her hand like a pro, "The schematics had some flaws, so I thought to work out the chinks since..." she gestures out with her arms, just to give off the sense of how vast this facility is, "There's all this free stuff available." her eyes widen, "It's free right?"

Alf shrugs, "Nobody was using it, the humans who did are all skeletal remains here and there."

SD-N looks to the side and notices a human skeleton sitting on a desk with a deck of cards in hand, "Huh. You know, why is it that the humans all got turned into their skeletal frames while everything else remained intact?"