Chapter 22 - The Maimed Pup

After packing the camp away, we were ready to start climbing just after the sun had properly risen.

The climb up the mountain had been probably one of the most tiring things I had to ever endure. The wind had been a near constant penetrating through my armour and fur. The fact that I also had to make sure that Robyn was secure at all times only made it harder as I was constantly worried that the rope was too loose. When the rain rolled in, ugh, that was pure torture because it slipped in through the cracks and thoroughly soaked the entirety of my fur.

My fur remain stuck to my skin until we reached the the top of the cliff that led on to a path. It had taken longer than Robyn predicted. Still the view was very rewarding. You could see for miles, everything from the canyon to the ocean. As we gazed across the land below us, not only could I feel the hairs on my neck stand up but I could also see the sun a few hours away from setting.

"I think we have two choices, we either soldier on through the oncoming storm or we can hunker down in that cave until the worst passes." Robyn said as she clicked her back.
"Either way I am gonna need to remove my armour for a bit." I exclaimed as I already had a hand risen to my shoulder guards.
"I think it wise we hunker down. Rest up whilst the storm passes." Luna said as she shook herself off.
"I agree with Luna. I am to tired to go any further and it would be safer to wait it out." Sparks agreed as he started to head to the cave.

I slumped near the entrance as I removed the rest of my armour. Once it was all the off, I led it in a neat pile against the wall. I sighed as I rotated my wrists.
"What are you gonna do?" Robyn asked as she sat opposite me, sleeping mat in hand.
"I need to go for a bit, no more than a handful of hours." I explained as I re-buckled my amulet to my belt.
"Where exactly are you going?" She asked as she led the mat and pillow down.
"I'm just going to quickly go talk to my dad. I need his help with understanding something." I explained.

I knelt down and focused my mind.

It felt like I was submerged underwater.

—————————————————————

When I re-emerged, I stood back up. I looked around at the trees surrounding me. I then felt my ears prick up as I heard someone approaching.
"So good to see you back. Congratulations on your coronation." Fenrir said as he hugged me warmly.
"Thanks. I kinda need your help, there is a question that I need your help answering." I explained when he released me.
"Yeah, what is the question?" He asked eagerly.

"How did you do it, be the king of something so vast and diverse. How were you able to have the respect of so many?" I asked.
"Well there are two ways to get people to respect you. You can either demand it from those who you rule over or you can earn it through your actions." He explained.
"Yeah but how do I do what you did. Anyone who knew about you having an heir will probably think me dead so how do I prove myself?" I asked.
"Do something big, something unmissable, something only my son could do. Use the magic that you inherit from me. Raise the moon to be up at the same time as the sun; show them that you are a great wolf. If needs be you have the power that every alpha has, you can forcibly show them that you are my son. The power would allow you to subdue masses from different breeds and packs." He explained.
"But never forget the importance of kindness, compassion and adoration are just as good of a reason to follow as fear." Artemis said as she appeared out of nowhere.

"Thank you both. No doubt I will need your council later, but for now I will see you later." I called as I felt myself fading from the spectral glade.

—————————————————————

When I awoke back in my proper body, everyone else was asleep. I looked outside and saw that a ferocious blizzard had set in whilst I was gone. I looked to my side and saw that they had left some food out for me. I hastily ate it. The wind was practically howling across the maw of the cave.