Chapter 11: The three motives

Because of the attacks, Mike decided to move the party to Monday. They had the whole week off because it was February break so it wouldn't be a problem.

Mike woke up at around 10 am and he saw Will drawing right next to him.

"Whacha drawing?" Mike asked as he sat up and grabbed his shirt from the ground to put it on.

Will hid the drawing and smiled. "Nothing." He said quickly.

Mike raised an eyebrow. "What is it?"

Will went under the covers with the drawing. "Nope."

Mike picked up part of the blanket, revealing Wills face. "Why Not?" Mike pouted.

Will laughed a little before saying, "It's not finished yet."

"The second you finish it Byers, you're going to show me." Mike said as he grabbed onto Will.

"I'll think about it." Will joked as he hugged Mike back.

"Max and Lucas are supposed to be here in a few minutes." Mike said as he stood up.

———

"So he threw a rock at the window but you never saw him?" Lucas questioned as Max and him walked towards the Wheelers door.

"Exactly. Maybe he got scared or something." Max sighed.

"But he went to Riley's house and..." Lucas stopped himself. "You know?"

"I don't know, just knock on the door." Max rolled her eyes as they got up to the house.

"Just knock on the door." Lucas mocked as he knocked on the door. Not even ten seconds later, Mike answered.

"Hey guys!" Mike smiled. The first thing Max and Lucas noticed was the scar on Mikes arm. It was wrapped up a bit, but the scar was still noticeable.

"Dude, what happened to your arm?" Lucas asked.

Mike looked down at his arm. He had completely forgotten that he was 'attacked' last night.

"Me and Will were attacked last night." Mike sighed.

"Holy shit! Is Will ok?" Max asked.

"Thanks for caring about me." Mike rolled his eyes. "And yeah he's fine. Thanks to me."

"What do You mean 'thanks to me'?" Max furrowed her eyebrows to make a confused face.

Mike let them in the house and shut the door.

"I pushed Will out of the way when he was about to get stabbed, that's how I got stabbed." Mike explained as they walked down to the basement where Will was.

Will looked up from drawing and smiled at the three coming down to the basement. "Hey guys!"

"Hey Will." Lucas smiled back. Mike went and sat down next to Will, while Max and Lucas sat down across from them.

"So I heard you guys were attacked last night?" Max said when she finally sat down.

"Oh- uhm." Will looked at Mike. Mike hit him with his elbow. "Yeah..." Will Said quietly.

Lucas made a confused face.

"Sorry he's still a little scared from what happened." Mike looked down.

"You're all good. Me and El were not really attacked but more like threatened last night." Max said.

"We heard. Hopper told us." Mike replied.

"Did Hopper tell you that Riley was killed as well?" Lucas asked.

Mike pretended to be shocked. "What?"

"Yep. It was on The News this morning." Stated Max.

"Jesus." Will sighed.

"If I find out who this person behind all of this is, I will gut them like they did to poor Gareth. He was a pretty cool dude." Lucas said sadly.

"Yeah. I feel bad for his family, I heard that his parents found him hanging from a tree." Mike stated.

"Jesus fuck!" Max practically screamed. "That's cruel."

"I wonder what the killers motive is." Will thought out loud. Everyone looked at him. "Well I mean, there is three motives. Revenge, Money or Love." Will explained. The three teens nodded.

"Let's switch the topic now." Max said awkwardly.

"Definitely." Lucas agreed. Mike and Will nodded showing that they agree.