Bad idea

I should have known it was a bad idea, but that didn't stop me.

It was foolish and I had a feeling that nothing good would come of it, but I still did it.

I was stupid.

I made a stupid move and did a stupid action.

But for some reason that only really sunk in once I did it.

I throw myself to the ground as I attempt to pick up the shattered pieces of my glasses.

The glasses that he gave me.

The glasses that he destroyed.

I place them on my face, only being able to see out of one side, the other side completely missing.

I look through the lens, that's now almost completely covered in blood, giving the area around me a slight red tint.

I look down at my bloody hand.

It's covered in small cuts from the glass.

I look up, yanking my sight away from my hands.

He's gone.

I can't even see him in the distance.

All I see is the same boring road, with rain water rushing down the sides.

I slowly bring a hand up to touch my face.

It has a slight sting to it as I gently place my fingers where he slapped me.

Tears fill my eyes, threatening to fall as I remember the whole argument.

I don't stop them, I let them roll down my face.

I let them fall.

I don't want to stop them, I wont stop them.

I don't make a sound, not willing to attract unnecessary attention.

I slowly get up on my feet and begin my painfully long walk back home.

I continue to let the tears fall.

The rain, washing them from my face.

I take a shaky breath as I step into my house.

The rain no longer keeping my face free of tears.

I knew that was a bad idea, but I didn't want to listen to my brain, I wanted to listen to my heart.

So I did.

And It hurt me.

I never want to listen to my heart ever again.

I will always listen to my brain.

_____________________________

Words: 321

Authors Note: I originally wrote this in class for a writing project, but I wrote it with Richie and Eddie in mind.

If you want to use the same prompt that I did to write this than this is the prompt: 'I knew it was a bad idea, but that didn't stop me'