second

I got off the public bus I take to school every morning feeling especially froggy. I have to walk about 1 whole lap to the actual entrance of the school. The city bus is a struggle. It's a dollar-fifty a day that I could do without. People stare at me and it has this stench of disappointment and shame I can't stand.
I feel extra confident because I just got a my signature "tapered sides and nape of the neck" haircut touched up. I couldn't help but to admire how good I looked in any place I could see my reflection.

I open the door and I swear I hear necks snap to look at me. I wait for this nameless guy to go before I step through this metal detector.
Damn, I forgot to mention I'm in alternative school. It's the "Bad" school to everybody else. Your supposed to be ashamed to say "I go to Renaissance Academy" to anybody. I think it sounds fancy. Like all our parents are stink'in rich and they leave us home alone for a week while they go out of country. Or like we all drive expensive cars and our fathers have Esquire at the ends of their names.
I would say "I wish", but that sounds super fake to me.

I wait for the machine to beep even though I know I don't have any metal on me. The funny thing is they still wand me down. As I make my way upstairs to my locker I look into the crowd to see my friends in lines waiting to go through the same process.

To be a hell hole they sure do bombard you with Goodmornings everyday. I'm at this dull ass beige locker identical in and out to the rest of the lockers. I have supplies in here but few. I just sling my bag in and take bout my binder, because it's the last week and I'm really not caring.

I walk to my first class, I peer through the little window and see Loni and Daryl, their my only friends in the class. Stupid Geometry. Mr. Welding opens the door and I walk in. I constantly think of how much he looks like Seth Rogan. I hand him the little white slip that says I'm tardy. And I sit down in my self-assigned seat. I look at Daryl who has this dumb smile on his face like we share a telepathic joke, and I just shake my head with a grin back. He's so goofy just like me.

When I look at Loni she looks bored to death, empty and annoyed. She has a natural mean mug. I poke her and she turns her head slowly, me and Daryl start giggling because her expression is hilarious. She does the same motion I did to Daryl looking in our direction.
And then Mr. Welding breaks our little fun up.

Mr. Welding : you want to get started on this warm up Mr. Bradley?

Me: nooooope.
In a monotoned voice with a sigh

Mr. Welding: come on, schools almost over, do the warm up!!

Why is he so excited all the time for?

Me: Hell naw man, what we even warming up for. Summer?!

Daryl, Loni and the rest of the class crack up.
Mr. Welding giggles.
Mr. Welding: suit yourself Zarion
I giggle a little too.
Me: I will

The rest of the class we really just talk about our weekends inbetween doing bits of work. The bell rang, class flew. I walked nonchalantly to my next class saying "Wassup" and joking around with my peers in the process. I sleep all through Mrs. Pawn's Deskto/Multimedia computer class with soft music in my ears. I had no more work to do anyways, hadnt in 3 weeks because I had finished everything. Wish it was like that in all classes.

Once again these damn stairs. It gets loud and I hear a couple female voices that make me squint. I squint when people are being unessesary. I see my little big brother Jai. We talk often, so we bump elbows, nod our heads at each other and keep moving.

I walk past the room where these two cops have their own room with two desks in it. It's this bowling pin built one who looks like Patrick Star with human skin and the other looks like John Legend. All the girls seem to like him. It seems like his job description is to be friends with all the students.