Office love (1)

This chapter is dedicated to Versatileveida.
Hope you will like it dear.

Part 2 will be out tomorrow.

"Welcome to our company, Miss Prachi."
This simple sentence brought a smile on Prachi's face as she shook her recruiter's hand.

It was her first day and she had especially come early. Her recruiter was the only one who she met during her interview. She knew no-one except her.
The recruiter called someone on the phone and asked the individual to come to her office.

A few seconds later, there was a knock on the door. Prachi wondered how fast that person came.
The recruiter uttered a simple 'come in.'

The head of a boy appeared first and then he came in. Prachi looked at him and just stared at him. He might have been the most handsome boy she had ever seen.
His features were mesmerizing and she couldn't hear what the recruiter told him.

It was only when his eyes moved to her that she grew conscious. His eyes were the most beautiful feature. His light brown eyes had captivated her in ways she never felt before.

He nodded at the recruiter and when she heard her name, she brought herself back from her thoughts.
The recruiter: "Miss Prachi, Ranbir is an intern here, just like you, fresh out of college. You two will work together. He will show you around."

Prachi: "Yes..."
She stood up and followed Ranbir out of the cabin.
Ranbir, breaking the ice a bit: "I am Ranbir."
He forwarded his hand to her.

Prachi: "Prachi... Nice to meet you."
He chuckled at her politeness: "Same... so let's start with the introduction of what you have to do."
They reached a hall where Ranbir introduced her to everyone.

Ranbir: "This is basically our workstation. But be careful of our head of department. He hates everyone and everything."
Prachi chuckled at him.

Ranbir: "Seriously, I am not kidding."
Prachi: "How does he approve the work then?"
Ranbir, whispering: "He is also very lazy... he won't check anything."

She once again chuckled.
Ranbir: "This is your desk, right next to mine. And at the end of that corridor: you have our small café. But..."
He eyed her from top to bottom. She shifted on her foot nervously as she felt self-conscious.
But somewhere, his gaze arose goosebumps on her skin.

Ranbir, teasingly: "You don't look like a coffee girl."
Another smile broke on her face: "You are right... I am more of a chocolate girl."
Ranbir, smilingly: "I will remember that."

A pin drop of silence surrounded them and they turned to find their head of department coming their way.
He stopped right in front of Prachi with a weird smile.
"Who are you?"

Ranbir, trying to introduce her: "She is..."
The HOD, angrily: "I wasn't talking to you."
It shut Ranbir up and he awkwardly looked down. Prachi looked at their HOD and she noticed how his eyes moved up and down her body.
She felt insects creeping on her body and compared to what Ranbir's gaze made her feel, this was disgusting.

The HOD: "You are the new intern, right? Welcome..."
He forwarded his hand for a handshake but he received only a wary look from her.
Ranbir looked on and slightly nudged Prachi. She, hesitatingly, shook his hands but as soon as she felt him rubbing her knuckles, she immediately withdrew her hand.

The HOD: "I should probably show you around. Come..."
His hand went to her back but she moved away and ended up clashing with Ranbir.
Prachi, to Ranbir: "Sorry..."
He nodded no to her and put some distance between them.

He did that only to allow her to move behind him, so that now he was standing in the middle of Prachi and their HOD.

She smiled at him gratefully.
Prachi: "Ranbir already gave me a tour and I am sure I will get accustomed very quickly. Thank you."
The HOD grew slightly angry but tried to cover it.