Our life (Final Chapter)

Me and Knuckles got married on our anniversary, a wonderful hot August day, we enjoyed our honeymoon immediately afterwards and didn't have to worry about the kids or the companies i had taken over. We went to a beautiful tropical island, participated in their cultures traditions for newlyweds and had the most loving sex we've ever had. 
We spent the month there and got back in time for me to help do the shopping for the kids, Lara had decided to move out and go to college and today was her last day at home, I didn't want her to leave but she was a grown up and she had huge goals.
"Lara, I picked up everything you need for your apartment and I'm heading home now, your father will be home in a bit, are you sure you have to go so far away for school? The city has a very beautiful campus with everything you-"

"Momma... I know you don't want me to go but this college has so much more than the one here and besides the one here doesn't have a IT program, that's the program that Argyle wants and since we are going to be living together... Anyways. Thanks. Me and the others will be ready when you get home so we can help unload. Love ya momma~"

I arrived home and the kids came outside to help unload the car, bags and bags of stuff for college, high school and middle school, and tons of groceries. After we got everything inside and sorted out, I started on dinner and waited for my love to come home, while making Lara's favorite dinner of hamburgers and fresh cut fries with chocolate cake I felt a sharp pain in my abdomen. I ignored the pain while I worked and soon served dinner for everyone while I worked on making a cake, almost like clockwork, Knuckles walked in the door and wrapped his arms around my waist, placing kisses on my neck.

"Hi babe~ Hm? Hamburgers? Soni you know we shouldn't be eating something so fatty, oh, you used the healthier beef. Fine... It is for Lara anyways, you going to be okay while she's gone? I'm going to miss her too, but she's got a bright future ahead of her. Are you okay? You look a little pale."
Soni worked so hard. I was the present face for both companies, but she did all the behind the scenes work for me and helped if I ever got stuck, she also participated in all of the business meetings. If she wasn't actively doing CEO work, she worked with everyone in the office to make sure it was a safe place to be or working with the community to give food and shelter to those in need. Soni had completely turned around the community for the better and was basically a celebrity in the area and the world over. We had some issues with paparazzi, but we made it agreeable that we are left alone at home, and they can bother us at work, not many bothered me which I was fine with. 
After we got married, I sold my house and moved in with her as she refused to move away from the city because of work and the kids, not to mention her corny fake country impression of saying she was a "City gal".

"Oh, Knuckles you worry too much but yes I used a very lean beef with little to no fat, Haha I know the rules honey oh! Oh, my do I look that pale? Oh, that's not good but I think I just have a stomachache, I'll still try to eat dinner, okay? It was so strange, it felt like someone punched me right in the gut, anyways food is done, spoil yourself tonight and eat up! I'm making her chocolate cake too."
I got the cake in the oven and sat down with the kids while they fought over who got what for school, as long as they didn't try to hit each other I let them argue, they were old enough to know better. I got back up after some time and got the cake out of the oven, cooled it and iced it. The kids all came in and got a slice before sitting down and watching a movie, I joined with a slice of my own and shared it with Knuckles, I still struggled with some foods and tried not to eat too much or too much sugary foods. We all enjoyed the movie and later we all helped Lara pack up her to leave for college, my heart was so full of love for her, it was heartbreaking to see my little girl all grown up and leaving the nest, she had made my life have so much meaning, without her I wouldn't have met my love and I may never have had Asra.