Prologue: He's the Best, but the Worse

???: So that's it?

A boy with black and red hair was keeping up a soccer ball, seemingly uninterested in the conversation he was having with a teen with white and black hair, as they were on a soccer field.

???2: Yup.

???: You can't seriously be thinking about NOT playing in the nationals.

???2: *Sigh* Azure, what's the point if I'm not gonna score.

The boy currently being talked to was a promising soccer star of Japan.

AZURE "STRIKER GENIUS" KAITO!!

Azure: I doubt that we'd score nearly as much without our general.

???: I just doubt you wouldn't just carry without me.

Azure: Come on, you could score just as much.

???: I'll pass to anyone I see can make a Goal. It's just, less of a bother.

Azure: Pfft, you know I'll never get how you can be so lazy with all the talent in the world. You could maybe be the best player in the country if you learned how to be a little greedy.

???: UGH, you sound like my brother!

Azure: Ha, sorry Ryu.

The one the star was talking to was an almost complete novice to the high school soccer scene, having only started practicing two years prior, and having only joined his high school team earlier in the year. A talented player in the Midfielder Position, and the protagonist of the book.

 A talented player in the Midfielder Position, and the protagonist of the book

RYU "THE GENERAL" KAIZEN!!

Ryu: Okay one: I'M A MIDFIELDER!! It's not my job to score with the Strikers, and I don't trust anyone else on this team to make plays better than me! And two: I usually just don't see the point in scoring in jumbled paths when there are so many LESS COMPLEX options. You don't make it too difficult!

Azure: Well dude, you should really remember.

Azure grabbed the ball from Ryu, before balancing it on his head.