Chapter 17: The Explosive U-20 Aces

Aiku: Sorry guys, I let him shoot.

Niou: Aiku... We really can't complain if even YOU couldn't stop him.

Aiku: Yeah. Really goes to show that he's a true prodigy. I'd say with the right training he could surpass Keith soon.

Neru: Speaking of Keith...

They saw him walking away from Ryu with an almost happy look.

Aiku: Ah, looks like Kaizen's managed to wake him up fully. Good, cause we'll need that for the next half.

Three minutes remained in the first half, as soon enough the U-20 players got back on offense.

Ryu: 'Even without Metavision, I can tell these guys have gotten a little desperate for a commanding lead.'

Azure: 'Everyone's on the offensive, but now that doesn't mean shit.'

Every Blue Lock player but Nagi went up to defend. Ryu stuck to Keith like glue, not willing to let him get any room to get the ball.

Keith: 'Good, it's been too long since I actually got a challenge.'

The ball was passed around, as Sendo passed to Chou, who shot, however was limited by Niko's slide tackle, allowing Gagamaru to block the shot. An additional minute was added, with Sae getting the ball after the block. Isagi and Bachira tried to stop him, but he easily got between them, and was about to pass. However Azure was there to stop him.

Sae: 'Tch!'

Sae had to do a few dribble moves to shake Azure for even the slightest moment, before taking a shot himself. However with the constant pressure that was applied, Aryu was able to leap in and block a shot. After that, a buzzer went off, signifying the end of the first half.

Ryu: WHOOO!!!

The Blue Lock players gathered, as everyone on the pitch knew that by shutting down that last shot, the Blue Lock players in a way had won. After that, they finally began to cool down.

Ryu: Phew, this Metavision is tricky. 'I admit, my processing power isn't quite as fast. Like before, my physical ability is allowing me to keep up.'

He took a sip of a sports drink.

Azure: You become a bigger monster every game dude.

???: AZURE!!!

Azure nearly chocked on his drink when hearing that voice. His head shot up, seeing a girl with similar black and white hair to his.

Ryu: Oh shit, Aurora?!

Azure: Sis?!

AURORA KAITO!!

AURORA KAITO!!

Ryu: Haha, looks like you've got a watcher you actually know!

Azure: Sh-Shut up!