Chapter 13: The Real Elites

Ego: The formation of the Blue Lock Team will center around the 6 names that I will now call out. Given your overall evaluations as of this moment, these individuals rank as "The Top 6." With the goal in putting together a team in three short weeks, this method will be our best shot. These who are called, step forward. First as the Number 1 Overall...

The Blue Lock players waited in anticipation, before a name was finally called.

Ego: Ryu Kaizen.

Ryu:

Isagi: 'I knew it. It just wouldn't make any sense to have anyone else at that spot now.'

Ego: Moving on, Number 2. Azure Kaito.

Azure: -_- Not really used to playing second fiddle. Especially to Ryu.

Ryu: :P

Ego: Next, Number 3. Rin Itoshi.

Azure: Well at least the numbers are kinda accurate.

Rin: Tch.

Ego: Now number 4. Ryusei Shidou.

Shidou: There it is. Bada Bing!

Ryu: 'Wait he's actually good? I thought he only had amateur fighting skills.'

Shidou: 'So that dude's number 1 huh?'

Ego: Alrighty, next... Number 5, Tabito Karasu.

Karasu: Someone gets it.

Ego: And number 6. Eita Otoya.

Otoya: Sup.

Ego: That's all.

???: Excuse me, Mr Ego?

Yukimiya spoke up, as everyone listened.

Yukimiya: Thinking about what lies ahead, I've got a simple question for you. What's the reason for me not placing? What's the difference between me and first place?

Ryu was seemingly annoyed by this.

Ryu: -_- Okay I'll just say it now, don't ever compare yourself to me again.

Ego: ... It's simple. Among the 35 of you here, the only ones able to score a goal against the World's select team were these four.

They all looked at the top four.

Ego: Ryu Kaizen, Azure Kaito, Rin Itoshi, and Ryusei Shidou. Next, I took into consideration how many goals you scored in the first selection, and the world's select players' personal evaluation. And if you want to talk about Number 1 specifically, that's a whole other story.

Ego showed the plays Ryu had made in the World 5 game, as the others who hadn't seen it were shocked.

Ego: He was acknowledged by every single player on that team. Kaizen pulled out two plays that even they weren't prepared for once they had put their guard up. Out of every player that has been in Blue Lock, Ryu Kaizen is the closest to reaching the level of those elite players. That answer your question, Mr Four Eyes Model?

Yukimiya: Yes, thank you very much.

All eyes were on the teen now, as he looked at his hand.

Ryu: '... I've really become that much stronger after coming to Blue Lock?'

Ego: Now then, I'll explain your next selection. First, the top 6 will separate into pairs in descending order. And will be assigned A B and C Ranks to make three teams. Next, the remaining 29 players will decide at their own discretion which teams they want to join. They will be added to their chosen team in randomized groups of three to make a complete team of 5. Then each of these teams will have the chance to play in one game against another, 5 vs 5 style. As a formality, members of the Top 6 will be playing in multiple games. But the remaining 29 just have one chance to play. This is the final task of the revised third selection. With a position as a regular on Japan's U-20 Team on the line... It's time for your tryouts.