Chapter 8: Monsters?

Ryu: Hold on, so all this time you've had this invisible thing in your head helping you play soccer?

Ryu and Bachira were going one on one, with the Wild Dragon easily able to get by the monster dribbler to score.

Bachira: Yeah. I tried to tell you during our time in Team Z, but you were always like-

Bachira made an angry face before messing with his hair to make it somewhat similar to Ryu's.

Bachira: "Damnit Bachira, why do you always pop in at the worse times?!"

Ryu: Mid way into my workouts I get into the zone, and that's always when you interrupt!!

Azure: The impression was spot on though dude.

Ryu: Ignoring you. Anyway, it makes sense.

Ryu looked at Bachira with his arms crossed.

Ryu: When you dribble, it's like you're afraid to play by yourself. Your Ego's pretty hurt cause of that.

Bachira was surprised by this.

Ryu: In all honesty, I do believe you're a better dribbler than I am, but you're too shackled to compare to me.

Bachira: ...

Ryu: But getting back on topic, you know the drill boys.

The team practiced together, entering a two on two matchup. Ryu had scored the last point, with himself and Rin winning. However for the losers, a penalty was put in place.

Azure: -_- Yeah yeah, suicides up the field.

Bachira and Azure began to sprint up.

Azure: 'I can't believe I lost to Ryu again. It's just shows that out of all the players that made it to the 2nd Selection, he evolved the most at Blue Lock.'

Rin: 'Azure knows it too. For the one moment on the field...'

Rin thought back to the pass Ryu intercepted before him.

Rin: 'Even if it was by instinct, Ryu devoured me. It's not just his skills that evolved, but his mind.'

Rin looked at the back of the teen.

Rin: 'He's been gaining experience at Blue Lock, and is slowly starting to overcome his only real weakness. The soccer world is in trouble when that time comes. The only way to surpass him then, is to devour him right back.'

Practicing his Dragon Strike, Ryu looked to be focusing.

Ryu: 'This is definitely my best method of scoring, so I have to refine it now.'

In his mind, he saw a certain player shoot a ball so fast that even he had a difficult time perceiving the kick.'

Ryu: 'I'm gonna make a shot even better than that Bullet from Hell.'

A few days had passed since the Top 3 had acquired Bachira, as they hadn't gotten anyone that would be able to compete with them.

Ryu: Good session boys. Let's see if there's anyone worthwhile today.

After exiting the room, Ryu looked to his right, seeing a familiar face.

Ryu: O_O... Well I guess it's total ass whooping part two.

Isagi looked at Ryu, seemingly unbothered.

Isagi: Yo guys. Been a while.

Bachira: You're here.

Azure: Back for more? I wouldn't mind taking one of MY old teammates back. If you still have him, but I doubt you were dumb enough to lose Nagi.

Isagi: The only one's getting stolen will be one of you.