Chapter 12: A step towards the World

The World 5 once again got the ball, as now after Ryu's goal, they were even more on guard than before. Luna had the ball, as Rin tried to stop him from getting by.

Luna: Don't get tunnel vision from a lack of experience. Take it away, baby!

Pablo: Got it.

He passed it over to Pablo as Ryu watched from a position where he could stop a low pass, or run to mark Silva.

Isagi: He's ours Bachira! Let's box him in!!

Bachira: Okie-dokie!

Ryu watched with keen eyes, not wanting to miss a second of any plays made. Pablo's eyes had darted around, as Ryu took notice of this. When he was done, he kicked the ball, getting a high speed backspin pass into the air.

Ryu: 'THAT'S NUTS!!!'

Having to react fast, Ryu turned and dashed towards Silva, catching up.

Ryu: That pass was great, but I'm gonna take it for myself if it's that high in the air!

Silva: You're going down!

Both Ryu and Silva jumped into the air. Much to the teens shock, Silva was actually able to get higher into the air, heading the ball and controlling it.

Isagi: 'Ryu's not in control of the air space anymore?!'

The ball fell to the ground as both Azure and Adam went for it.

Azure: 'Damn, I guess we'll have to get a bit more physical!!'

Adam: MOVE!!!

The two shoulder bashed each other, with Azure almost immediately being put onto the ground.

Azure: 'HOLY FUCK HE'S STRONG!!'

Adam: I haven't got any interest in male bodies.

Ryu: 'I think that's the first time I've ever seen Azure outdone in muscle!'

Isagi: 'It's no use! In one way or another, speed, anticipation, kicking, jumping, physical strength...!!'

Adam kicked the ball, scoring a point.

Score: 2-2

Isagi: 'They're overpowering every single weapon we have! All those hard lessons we learned in Blue Lock. None of them are working!!'

Azure: Argh, what is it with me and getting put on the ground lately?

He got up, not hurt physically, but more pride wise.

Isagi: 'The way we are now... We don't have a chance at defeating these players!!'

Ryu: Hey?

Isagi turned to look at Ryu, seeing the look he gave him. His pupils were still slitted, but the expression on his face was mostly blank.

Ryu: Are you thinking that we don't have a chance to win?

Isagi: Yeah but...

Isagi looked at Ryu in awe.

Isagi: I'm also realizing how amazing Soccer really is.

Ryu: ... Good.

Ryu looked over at Pablo.

Ryu: Cause I think that guy just gave me a new piece of data to amp up my play to a whole new level. Even if it's just by passing for now.

An aura appeared around Ryu's eyes, as data began to poor into him.

Ryu: 'Even though I like being a Striker way more now, I don't hate being a Midfielder in situations like this.'

The ball was kicked off, with Ryu passing it to Isagi.