Chapter 80

Chapter 80 Palace Banquet His Majesty has an order to bring Ah Fei into the palace...

    When Shen Zhuo passed by today, Shen Mianzhi was sitting quietly in the study.

    Now that the New Year's Eve is approaching, and it is also the day when the court will be suspended, all affairs in the court can also come to an end for the time being.

    Shen Zhuo walked into the room and called out: "Father."

    Shen Mianzhi came back to his senses, raised his hand and said, "Sit."

    Shen Zhuo took a seat on the armchair beside him.

    He was still wearing a thick cloak and was holding the stove in his hands. He looked extremely chilly, but his complexion was much better than before.

    Shen Mianzhi asked: "I heard that Miracle Doctor Cao has come?"

    Shen Zhuo nodded lightly, only said that Miracle Cao missed the wine in Huajing, and brought him to the Prime Minister's mansion to see him.

    Shen Mianzhi was silent for two breaths.

    Then, he asked: "What did Doctor Cao say this time?"

    "It's still the same." Shen Zhuo smiled: "Father should know that my body can only be like this for the rest of my life."

    Shen Mianzhi put it on the table hands, slightly clenched into fists.

    Shen Zhuo raised his eyes and looked at him at the same level. When the father and son's eyes meet, there are things that only they understand.

    After a while, Shen Mianzhi let go of his fist and said: "When I came down to the court today, I met the Minister of Dali Temple. He said that this year's pass is approaching, and there are many cases in Dali Temple. If you feel better, you will come to help in a few days."

    Since the last time, Shen Zhuo has been on sick leave.

    But no matter what, since he is the young minister of Dali Temple, he should also go to share the worries of Sir Siqing.

    Shen Zhuo nodded in response: "My child will go tomorrow."

    Shen Mianzhi hummed.

    Then, he said: "His Majesty has an order for the winter solstice banquet in the next day to bring A Fei into the palace."

    This is a custom, every year on the winter solstice, His Majesty will give a banquet in the palace, and let the courtiers bring their families to go.

    But in previous years, the family members who went there were either relatives of the emperor or had imperial orders, so Qi Rufei couldn't touch her, so it was inappropriate to go.

    Shen Mianzhi seemed to see Shen Zhuo's doubts.

    He said: "The imperial concubine is in poor health and wants to see Ah Fei."

    Shen Zhuo couldn't refuse this reason.

    He had to answer.

    After talking about the business, the father and son sat together, looking at each other silently.

    When Shen Zhuo was about to get up to say goodbye, Shen Mianzhi suddenly ordered his attendants to heat up the charcoal basin, got up and went to sit beside the chessboard, the meaning of inviting Shen Zhuo to play chess was self-evident.

    Shen Zhuo had no choice but to take off his cloak and followed.

    Father and son each held a son, Shen Mianzhi was the first to leave the son behind, and said to Shen Zhuo, "Don't hide your clumsiness." Shen